• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Could you cite a source for that? Trump has no control over security for the Capital building, so I'm not sure how that would work.
    Here was testimony during the J6 hearings from a former aide to then Chief of Staff Mark Meadows who claimed to have knowledge of this.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-weapons-january-6-crowd-dont-****ing-care-2022-6

It's not exactly true that he wanted them to be shut off so "his mob could be armed" He wanted them to be able to attend his rally.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Are you kidding me, Trump did not send a bunch of lawyers to the Capital to argue his case, He even wanted the metal detectors shut off so his mob could be armed. How could you watch what happened on 1/6 and not call it a coup d'atat. I just hope they will allow cameras in the court room so we can hear the witness describe what happeded

:rolleyes:

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana
    Could you cite a source for that? Trump has no control over security for the Capital building, so I'm not sure how that would work.
    From Forbes.
    Then President Donald Trump was frustrated that metal detectors were slowing down armed people from entering a rally of his supporters on January 6, 2021, according to former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson, who recalled Trump demanding the metal detectors be removed because he believed the crowd was “not there to hurt me.”

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Seems to me a lot of people that disfavor Trump like his policy they just want someone else to carry on with them.
    I would count myself among that group. Especially if this person's megalomania didn't result in the loss of Republican majority in the US Senate.

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Are you kidding me, Trump did not send a bunch of lawyers to the Capital to argue his case, He even wanted the metal detectors shut off so his mob could be armed. How could you watch what happened on 1/6 and not call it a coup d'atat. I just hope they will allow cameras in the court room so we can hear the witness describe what happeded
    Citations, please

You're talking about the guy who offered Ethanolosi 10000 national guard troops but she declined them because they didn't like the optics. Hard to square that FACT with your 'left conspiracy theory' assertion

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And they couldn't attend the rally because the were carrying guns so he wanted them turned off
    According to testimony it was to make the attendance for his speech to be larger more than anything else by increasing the crowd numbers. "He wanted a larger audience."

WASHINGTON (CN) — President Trump was repeatedly warned about armed rallygoers on Jan. 6, and he responded by calling for the Secret Service to reduce security so he could have a larger audience for his speech."

"Cassidy Hutchinson, who was the top aide to Trump’s chief of staff Mark Meadows, testified this afternoon that, during Trump's Jan. 6 rally at the Ellipse that devolved into a war zone, Trump was angry attendance was not at capacity."

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana
    According to testimony it was to make the attendance for his speech to be larger more than anything else by increasing the crowd numbers. "He wanted a larger audience."

WASHINGTON (CN) — President Trump was repeatedly warned about armed rallygoers on Jan. 6, and he responded by calling for the Secret Service to reduce security so he could have a larger audience for his speech."

"Cassidy Hutchinson, who was the top aide to Trump’s chief of staff Mark Meadows, testified this afternoon that, during Trump's Jan. 6 rally at the Ellipse that devolved into a war zone, Trump was angry attendance was not at capacity."
    And she also testified he said "there not there to hurt me" SO who were they there yo hurt??

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And she also testified he said "there not there to hurt me" SO who were they there yo hurt??
    Who were they there to hurt exactly? Were they even there with the intent to hurt anyone? No one to my knowledge was threatened or shot by anyone allegedly armed with a firearm at the rally or at the capitol. There is no indication that they were carrying with the intent to harm anyone. You seem to be implying something that never materialized.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    False dichotomy. Does not wanting to hurt Trump mean they must want to hurt someone else?

Do you even carry? If so, is it because you wish to hurt someone?

Isn't it possible that they were mostly interested in self protection, since they were going into a crime-ridden progressive hellhole in order to hear Trump speak?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Really man, try decaf or something. Sheesh. :nuts::nuts::nuts:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    And they couldn't attend the rally because the were carrying guns so he wanted them turned off
    No, but it was a call to let armed people in. the purpose of the detectors was they did not want armed people at the capital. Evidently Trump did
    No, but it was a call to let armed people in. the purpose of the detectors was they did not want armed people at the capital. Evidently Trump did
    Seriously man, this is crazy stuff. NO ONE WAS ARMED. It's DC. :nuts:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Hold on. I'm not talking about the riots. I'm talking about Trump trying to get Pence to go along with substituting real delegates for the ones of his choosing. I don't think Trump caused the 1/6 riots. But a lot of people do. And it takes a lot more involvement in finding and sifting through information from all sources to figure out what actually happened, than most people are willing to do. It's easier just to let CNN and NPR fill their heads full of ****.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Really man, try decaf or something. Sheesh. :nuts::nuts::nuts:
    I have no idea what substance he's on, but man that's some slate level nonsense. Trump wanted the metal detectors off? He has nothing to do with the Capitol. That was all on the Speaker of the House and Senate Majority Leader. And they were told about the intelligence that said there might be violence. They let it happen.

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana

At one point Tony Ornato, the Secret Service Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations whose responsibilities included security-related issues told Trump that some followers didn’t want to enter the Ellipse because they “have weapons that they don’t want confiscated by the Secret Service.”

News

Proud Boys Leader Told Jan. 6 Investigators Oath Keepers Dropped His Name for Clout

TESS OWEN

“I don’t [****ing] care that they have weapons,” Trump said angrily to Ornato. “They’re not here to hurt me. They can march to the Capitol from here.”
    Despite the president being “effin’ furious,” his staff didn’t listen to him and the magnetometers remained.
    In total, the Secret Service confiscated “42 canisters of pepper spray, 269 knives or blades, 18 brass knuckles, 18 tasers, 6 pieces of body armor, 3 gas masks, 30 batons or blunt instruments, and 17 miscellaneous items likes scissors, needles, or screwdrivers'' from the 28,000 people who went through the magnetometers to enter the protest grounds at the Ellipse.
    Many others refused to enter or hid their bags so they wouldn’t have their weapons confiscated. .......

Yes, Capitol Rioters Were Armed. Here Are The Weapons Prosecutors Say They Used​

March 19, 20215:06 AM ET
    Heard on Morning Edition
    By
    Tom Dreisbach
    Tim Mak
    LISTEN· 3:373-Minute Listen
    Toggle more options
    gettyimages-1230454153_wide-899f1aedda4f6b419aace2321ef91649cc744dc0-s1100-c50.jpg

Pro-Trump extremists clashed with police during the storming of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. The rioters may not have fired shots, but many were armed with other weapons, court documents show.
    Joseph Prezioso/AFP via Getty Images
    In the wake of the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, a popular narrative has emerged: that because rioters did not fire guns that day, they were not really "armed."
    But a review of the federal charges against the alleged rioters shows that they did come armed, and with a variety of weapons: stun guns, pepper spray, baseball bats and flagpoles wielded as clubs. An additional suspect also allegedly planted pipe bombs by the headquarters of the Democratic and Republican parties the night before the riot and remains at large.
    Those weapons brought violence and chaos to the Capitol. Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick died one day after two rioters allegedly sprayed him and other officers with what prosecutors describe as an "unknown chemical substance." Four other people in the crowd died in the insurrection, and more than 100 police officers suffered injuries, including cracked ribs, gouged eyes and shattered spinal disks.
    Some supporters of former President Donald Trump have argued that the dangerousness of the Capitol rioters has been overblown. Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., has said, for example, "This didn't seem like an armed insurrection to me."
    Sponsor Message

Others have echoed that view, and conservative and pro-Trump media, like Breitbart, The Epoch Times and the Washington Examiner, have seized on the congressional testimony of FBI Assistant Director Jill Sanborn, who said the bureau did not confiscate firearms from suspects that day. But FBI spokesperson Carol Cratty told NPR that Sanborn was talking only specifically about arrests by the FBI, and not other police agencies that made arrests on the day of the riot — including arrests of people allegedly carrying guns.
    The Jan. 6 attack: The cases behind the biggest criminal investigation in U.S. history

INVESTIGATIONS

The Capitol Siege: The Arrested And Thei

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What about Trump v Newsom? That’s looking possible since something has obviously changed in what Democrats are willing to report now. Typically they’d be covering for the administration when stuff like then Hunter Biden texts come out. But it may be that they’re moving on from him. Could be that he’s done and we don’t know it yet.
    My bet would be bidet never gets the nomination…

Top Bottom