• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think anyone's trying to run both races, but I intend to watch both races and since I didn't watch the Monaco GP this morning, I didn't include it in the title.

I had hoped that Conor Daly's fire would have satisfied the first lap curse, but Sato was having none of that and had to crash Kassem in the first lap, turn 2.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Race is over half-way over and aside from the above three drivers leaving the course, only one crash, Bryan Clauson, an Indy 500 soloist, got into the gray and immediately found the wall. Pretty clean year so far, overall.

To follow along at something less than lap-by-lap or minute-by-minute: LIVE: The 99th Indianapolis 500 - CBSSports.com

Edit: Crap! I jinxed it. Ed Carpenter and Oriel Serviá crashed out right after I posted the above.

Carpenter tried to dive under Serviá going into turn 1. At least Carpenter didn't wind up on his head this time.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I listen on WIBC, like I used to do when I was a kid.

Did I hear correctly that Jeff Gordon drove the pace laps?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The crewmen belonged to t he team of Tristan Vautier. Vautier's and Davison's cars both sustained too much damage to continue. Mann is still in the race.

Crewmen taken away in an ambulance. Unsure if to in-field care center or outside hospital.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They just mentioned that the crewmen were taken to the in-field care center, but even the broadcasters have no idea what their status is right now.

Looking like a 25 lap shoot out after a caution for debris, apparently caused by crap stemming from that lap 1 dust up.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Big crash! Turn 4!

Saavedra, Hawksworth, Coletti, others.

This after Pagenaud was parting the Red Sea going backwards, apparently having aero difficulties.

I was going to ask if anyone else could confirm if the scoring pylon was being digitally replaced for the broadcast, or if they had updated it from the incandescent grid lights. From the ultra slow-mo of the bursting pinatas at the start of the front stretch, it's clear that the pylon is now higher resolution LED displays.

Last edited:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Crewmen update: The right front tire changer has been treated and released from the in-field care center. He was also the crew chief for the team. Right rear tire changer has been transferred to IU Health/Methodist. He's likely the one you saw with a clearly broken lower leg.

Finally got the debris cleaned up and looking to go back green with 15 laps left.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The race is over! Someone won! But it wasn't Tony Stewart, so no one in their right mind cares.

I think in deference to all those Hoosiers who can't watch until the replay tonight, we shouldn't spoil who the winner was, but it was an exciting finish.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The race is over! Someone won! But it wasn't Tony Stewart, so no one in their right mind cares.

I think in deference to all those Hoosiers who can't watch until the replay tonight, we shouldn't spoil who the winner was, but it was an exciting finish.

Tell cathy come on.....tell us please.....:)

Top Bottom