• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Should be a good barrel. I'm sure like most, it will love 69 SMK's over a nice load of Varget. :)
    I tried some 75 gr Hornady steel match the other day, seemed to like that ok. Had a couple hard primers, but they fired on the second try. Just need a bunch of different ammo types and a free day to test at the range.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    And so 16097 begins. Picked up a BCM Upper from a fellow INGOer last weekend. This is a classic case of parts growing into a new gun. I have a stock, grip, some trigger parts, a scope, and YHM suppressor mount.

So now to fill in everything else!

Trying to decide on a bbl. Green mountain Middy SS 1:8 or Ballistic Advantage Middy.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    First ever build. Just put an older upper on there for now, waiting on 2 stamps at which point the plan is a 9" 300 blk and anderson megalith suppressor.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Ok, got one of my INGO lowers built into about an 85% rifle. My Daniel Defense fixed rear sight should be in Friday or Saturday. And I ordered an American Defense QD mount for my Aimpoint to put the irons in the bottom 1/3. Still looking to see if anyone has a Troy drop in rail or KAC M4 RAS rail to sell me. I'm going for an M4gery utilitarian build here. As you can see in one of the pics, PSA is no longer putting their name on the barrels. FN is actually stamping them. This is a CHF barrel, not sure if they're doing this on the non CHF premium uppers.

Build list:
    PSA classic LPK
    B5 SOPMOD stock
    Aimpoint PRO
    Complete PSA M4 16" CHF upper
    AIM phosphate BCG with 9310 bolt
    Daniel Defense fixed rear sight on order
    AD mount for Aimpoint on order
    Need Troy or KAC RAS carbine rail

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Progress report:

Found a good deal on a used Green Mountain barrel, and had several spare parts laying around to get to this point. Searching for a deal on a BCG and think I found a handguard on the ARFCOM EE that will work. It will be an interesting franken-build of some good parts that I got for good deals. I have a Leupold Mark AR scope to go on it too.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Ok, got one of my INGO lowers built into about an 85% rifle. My Daniel Defense fixed rear sight should be in Friday or Saturday. And I ordered an American Defense QD mount for my Aimpoint to put the irons in the bottom 1/3. Still looking to see if anyone has a Troy drop in rail or KAC M4 RAS rail to sell me. I'm going for an M4gery utilitarian build here. As you can see in one of the pics, PSA is no longer putting their name on the barrels. FN is actually stamping them. This is a CHF barrel, not sure if they're doing this on the non CHF premium uppers.

Build list:
    PSA classic LPK
    B5 SOPMOD stock
    Aimpoint PRO
    Complete PSA M4 16" CHF upper
    AIM phosphate BCG with 9310 bolt
    Daniel Defense fixed rear sight on order
    AD mount for Aimpoint on order
    Need Troy or KAC RAS carbine rail

Looks great!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Progress report:

Found a good deal on a used Green Mountain barrel, and had several spare parts laying around to get to this point. Searching for a deal on a BCG and think I found a handguard on the ARFCOM EE that will work. It will be an interesting franken-build of some good parts that I got for good deals. I have a Leupold Mark AR scope to go on it too.

There is an AR in that picture?! Lol I see an M1A and M1's, excellent!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Yeah, happen to be a few of those in there too. Sucks the pick quality is not that good though. I promise the next will be better.

No worries! I do like the AR build so far also, I haven't decided what I will do with mine when it comes in next month. I have a LPK already, planning a Geissele SD-C trigger and that's all I know so far. Lol

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    I picked up the PSA 18" barrel from their memorial day sale. Now I have a problem! This is my first build, and I had planned on getting a barreled upper assembly to keep things simple. Instead, I have a stripped upper and a naked barrel! I think a build class is in my future once I have all pieces together.

My question is this, now I need a rifle length gas tube and a gas block, right? Is there a good option for a gas block with a front sight? I've only found Rock River Arms Flip Front Sight Gas Block Assembly Matte Black-768075 - Gander Mountain while searching the net.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Not sure about the gas system on that barrel. You got a link? My guess is it's a mid-length gas system. Do you really want that kind of front sight on an 18" gun? Most who build 18" guns do them as an SPR with a magnified optic. Lo-pro folding sights that attach to the rail are usually the ticket

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    Not sure about the gas system on that barrel. You got a link? My guess is it's a mid-length gas system. Do you really want that kind of front sight on an 18" gun? Most who build 18" guns do them as an SPR with a magnified optic. Lo-pro folding sights that attach to the rail are usually the ticket

PSA AR-15 18" Rifle Length .223 Wylde 1:7 Stainless Steel Barrel - 7791527

I went with the magpul moe rifle length handguard in FDE. I'd like iron sights as a backup but do plan to put optics as primary :-/

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Made some progress. DD rear sight and American Defense QD mount for the Aimpoint came in. Fellow INGOer let me cherry pick his DD Omega drop in rail from an upper he was selling on here. Hopefully that will ship out soon.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Made some progress. DD rear sight and American Defense QD mount for the Aimpoint came in. Fellow INGOer let me cherry pick his DD Omega drop in rail from an upper he was selling on here. Hopefully that will ship out soon.

Fun build! Believe I'll have something similar.

Top Bottom