• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Finally done, and yeah, I did go underfolder (the guts dictated price and price dictated outcome for now). It is a very tight package and tomorrow I will take her out for a spin. She is a Krebs Yugo Krink in 7.62x39, orginally as a pistol - now as an SBR.

Open:

4122659201_bceaac4078_b.jpg

Closed:

4122658431_2c5a0fc3ca_b.jpg

Open next to it's M4gery safemate:

4123431480_510b74d2f6.jpg

Both collapsed:

4123432736_2db621ca7d.jpg

(yeah, that paint job on the wall came with the house - don't blame me!)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    She is a Krebs Yugo Krink in 7.62x39, orginally as a pistol - now as an SBR.

:thatshot:

Who did the conversion work?

And I'm not going to bag on you (too much) for going underfolder; it is, after all, the correct configuration for that gun.

You do, however, need a NoDak or StormWerkz rail and a red dot on that little dude. ;)

NDS-30-3.jpg

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Just picked up a Kel Tec SU-22 as another host for my Gemtech. I'm not worrid about the folding aspect, so I figured I'd throw some spare parts at it! I think this little rig will help me get rid of that darned possum in teh back yard some evening!

GunPics007-1.jpg

Fired a few rounds through it in the garage and it sounds pretty good!
    Doug K

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Just picked up today!
    -snip removed photos-

Maybe I am misunderstanding how a can works here but wouldn't you have to worry about baffle strikes putting a 5.56 can on a 5.45 rifle?

Also after looking at some of these photos I have decided that I have a substantial amount of saving to do...and I fear that that will only start my addiction.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    I understand that, :): . For some reason I had it stuck in my head after reading somewhere that smaller bullets is how baffle strikes occur. I guess my thought is that the gas behind the bullet could possibly exit from, say, the top of the barrel/can pushing the bullet downwards into the baffles as it exits the can.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I guess my thought is that the gas behind the bullet could possibly exit from, say, the top of the barrel/can pushing the bullet downwards into the baffles as it exits the can.

In regards to shooting 5.45 through a 5.56 can, many have gone before me, and I am not aware of any such issues. Thanks for the concern, though. ;)

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I understand that, :): . For some reason I had it stuck in my head after reading somewhere that smaller bullets is how baffle strikes occur. I guess my thought is that the gas behind the bullet could possibly exit from, say, the top of the barrel/can pushing the bullet downwards into the baffles as it exits the can.

Maybe you are thining of shooting a .22lr conversion kit in a .223 AR? The .22 bullets are slightly undersized for the bore, and along with the wrong twist rate, can lead to keyholing bullets that are leaving the bore, not fully stabilized and can cause bullet strikes. that is why I've been warned against using my can on my AC556 with the Ceiner conversion kit. Many folks will put a .30 cal can on a .223 rifle and have no problems whatsoever.

Doug K

antdog/zook

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    addiction is right. ripple here too.

Maybe I am misunderstanding how a can works here but wouldn't you have to worry about baffle strikes putting a 5.56 can on a 5.45 rifle?

Also after looking at some of these photos I have decided that I have a substantial amount of saving to do...and I fear that that will only start my addiction.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Maybe you are thining of shooting a .22lr conversion kit in a .223 AR? The .22 bullets are slightly undersized for the bore, and along with the wrong twist rate, can lead to keyholing bullets that are leaving the bore, not fully stabilized and can cause bullet strikes. that is why I've been warned against using my can on my AC556 with the Ceiner conversion kit. Many folks will put a .30 cal can on a .223 rifle and have no problems whatsoever.

Doug K

This is it...I had read this same thing somewhere else and had assumed (incorrectly) that it would apply in other calibers too. Thanks for the clarification.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Beech Grove, IN
    RRA SBR AR15

Finally got around to taking a picture...

RRA 11.5 " Heavy Wilson Barrel

PWS TTO Muzzle Brake

YHM 4 Rail Gas Block

MI Flip Down Sight with XS Standard Dot Night Sight

Lasermax Green Laser zeroed at 50 yards

Young Manufacturing M16 Chrome Bolt Carrier

RRA Tactical Carry Handle

Timney 3.5lb Trigger

Hogue Forearm

Magpul Winter trigger Guard

Magpul Grip

This thing is freaking LOUD !

RRASBR.jpg

Last edited:

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    POS Timebomb Thompson SBR-Sold this one back to the dealer it came from a few months ago. I got tired of looking at this junk MF'er in my safe, took a $200 loss just to get rid of it.
    dxhaib.jpg
    [/QUOTE]

just out of curiousity, because i really want one just like it, why is it a pos and what went wrong with it:dunno:

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    just out of curiousity, because i really want one just like it, why is it a pos and what went wrong with it:dunno:

Sorry for the slow reply, I haven't checked this thread in a while. The main spring in for the action broke within a day of me getting it, I hadn't even fired it yet. I cocked it once, dry fired it, repeated one more time and then on the third time I cocked it, it broke. The gun was locked up, couldn't move the bolt or dissasemble. Went back to the dealer, he fixed it and about a month and a half later I had it back. Took it out to shoot and would get many pierced primers, like 7 out of 10 or so. Primers were popping out of the back of the case on some. I just set it back in my safe and forgot about it for awhile. When I got bit by the Lightning Link bug I decided to sell it to fund that purchase. I'd advise against purchasing one for anything more than a wall hanger. :twocents:

Also - what dealer has it?

Tim Smith in Florida is the dealer.

bfox39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    M203

First off, every weapon I see in this thread is absolutely beautiful. I do have a question though. Are M203's (attached grenade launchers to the M4/AR-15) considered Class III?

Top Bottom