• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twinks46975

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jul 14, 2022
    Rochester
    You can download the app on your phone to put all your info in. Then just use the kiosk for your prints. Make sure you make an ATF e form account and PIN number. NOT A UPIN!! You’ll need that when you certify. Also, make sure both e forms and silencer shop match 100%.
    I downloaded the app today and plan on using the kiosk for the prints. I will be careful filling the forms out. The store has a couple helpful sales people available. I had never seen or heard of the kiosk before last Sunday. I appreciate your help.

Armymen3002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2024
    Kokomo
    I downloaded the app today and plan on using the kiosk for the prints. I will be careful filling the forms out. The store has a couple helpful sales people available. I had never seen or heard of the kiosk before last Sunday. I appreciate your help.
    Honestly you’re better off doing your own research, they have posted several videos on what exactly to do and how to set up everything. Most guys at gun shops are not trained on this stuff and you don’t want to listen to something you don’t know for sure because after 9 months of waiting..The atf will say “sorry” and you have to restart.

Twinks46975

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jul 14, 2022
    Rochester
    Honestly you’re better off doing your own research, they have posted several videos on what exactly to do and how to set up everything. Most guys at gun shops are not trained on this stuff and you don’t want to listen to something you don’t know for sure because after 9 months of waiting..The atf will say “sorry” and you have to restart.

Armymen3002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2024
    Kokomo
    Sounds like good advice. I have been reading online articles etc. I thought reaching out here for context would be helpful too. I appreciate your time.
    No problem. Head over to YouTube and search Silencer Shop Eforms. They have a whole number of videos with step by step explanations!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The "exact match" thing is no joke.

My last name is Dutch and proper spelling has a space in it but my Indiana DL is missing the space. Other government and private documents vary. When my gun shop typed in my information on the last one, they did it as it was written on my DL but in my eforms account I had put the space. This caused a whole headache with my first e4 verification until I thought about the space and removed it in my eforms account.

Twinks46975

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jul 14, 2022
    Rochester
    The "exact match" thing is no joke.

My last name is Dutch and proper spelling has a space in it but my Indiana DL is missing the space. Other government and private documents vary. When my gun shop typed in my information on the last one, they did it as it was written on my DL but in my eforms account I had put the space. This caused a whole headache with my first e4 verification until I thought about the space and removed it in my eforms account.
    I’ve now viewed a few videos and I have a better understanding of how serious the paperwork being correct and complete is. This goes right alone with what I’m seeing and reading.

Armymen3002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2024
    Kokomo
    I’ve now viewed a few videos and I have a better understanding of how serious the paperwork being correct and complete is. This goes right alone with what I’m seeing and reading.
    That’s what’s nice about silencer shop auto filling everything out..However they still have made mistakes so it’s just all about double checking and not rushing anything! Also price match your local dealer with silencer shop. Most of them charge and you can order direct from SS with no transfer fee. So keep that in mind to save a couple bucks as well!

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    Picked this up in the classifieds the other day. Rem 700 CP in 300 Blackout, 10.5" barrel. SBR'ed it, dropped on a CTR, Vortex 3x9 and an SDN-6. Not too worried about the weight since the gun is a chonker anyway. Hoping it's as quiet as it looks. Find out tomorrow.

The SDN6 is a great can but with a flaw, the ratchet mounting system. I had mine sent to ECCO Machine to modify it to the new industry standard (kinda) HUB mounting, 1.375-24"
    The new AAC company is now offering a restoration program for our old cans found here but I couldn't give you any details on price, if there is any. I'm not sure when this service began but I would have gone this route if mine wasn't already converted.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    The SDN6 is a great can but with a flaw, the ratchet mounting system. I had mine sent to ECCO Machine to modify it to the new industry standard (kinda) HUB mounting, 1.375-24"
    The new AAC company is now offering a restoration program for our old cans found here but I couldn't give you any details on price, if there is any. I'm not sure when this service began but I would have gone this route if mine wasn't already converted.
    The ratchet system isn't the best but the spring will last if you hold it down when putting the can on. If you zip zip zip it on then yeah it'll wear and break. I've had mine since 2016 and no problems with the latch spring

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN

I talked to them at Shot about that. It’s $500 (if I remember correctly.)

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    The ratchet system isn't the best but the spring will last if you hold it down when putting the can on. If you zip zip zip it on then yeah it'll wear and break. I've had mine since 2016 and no problems with the latch spring
    got mine in 2014, 3 years ago i noticed the teeth inside the can were wore down to nubs. It was my only rifle can at the time being share between 4 hosts, it was not know to me about this being a wear/failure point until it was beyond saving. I paid a premium price for that can and was quite disappointed.

I talked to them at Shot about that. It’s $500 (if I remember correctly.)
    I think $500 is pretty steep for that service. Ecco does it around $200

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Range report? Curious about the thermal interference fit.
    Shoots like a dream! My favorite right now. The thermal fit is a great system. A little bit of antisieze and heat it up. There is no (and I mean no) play between the barrel extension and upper receiver threads, unlike the regular fit uppers. No need to bed the barrel (like some feel the need to do). The upper is actually on one of the cm4 blems from @Aszerigan that I sbr-ed. Shot a 1/2" group at 50y with a 1x holosun sight a few weeks ago. The adjustable gas block stays wide open, h weight captured buffer. Alg act trigger will get swapped out for a spare Gieselle ssa I have laying around. Camo cerakote is right around the corner!

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    I didn't expect the Rugged Alaskan to be so comically large. I got the piston booster on, and my higher sights and 509t could barely clear it :laugh: Was originally going to have it on a Ruger PCC, but wanted to see it on a pistol too.

Can anyone enlighten me on pistol mounting? All I read was lube up the piston, use some teflon tape on the threads, and remember to take off any O-rings that come on threaded barrels.
    1713293630971.png

Top Bottom