• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I saw one of these in person about ten years ago - https://www.spymuseum.org/exhibitio...lection/collection-highlights/flashlight-gun/

lrg_20_flashlightgun.jpg

Gent said he inherited it from his uncle who was a security guard in the 50s/60s

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Very cool thread!
    heres an interesting piece italian history

This gun shoots the 9mm Glisenti, which is dimensionally equal to the 9mm luger, but under-loaded

[video=youtube;S8YSGyDB8eM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8YSGyDB8eM[/video]

That looks like a whole lot of fun! That's the first time I've seen video of one being fired, but I have seen them for sale at Knob Creek before...in fact, I think I saw one for sale at the Spring 2017 shoot.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Another one I don't remember seeing. Made by J. M. Browning too!!

[video=youtube_share;GxNcjRf0O0o]http://youtu.be/GxNcjRf0O0o[/video]

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Indiana manufactured Century 100s.

history lesson time!

century bought the rights from earl kellers widow, earl keller/gene phelps made them in southern Indiana (Evansville to be specific!) earl and gene "parted ways" and earl made them till he died, and gene attempted to make them in stainless

designed by earl keller, 45-70 brass frame revolver weighed 6 pounds empty!, they are quite collectable! I remember going to a gun show in Owensboro Kentucky back in the early 90's and a gentleman had an 8 foot table with quite a few of them, and a big sign that said "DO NOT TOUCH!" and "NOT FOR SALE!"

they had hand engraved serial numbers (by mike dubber) and I have a friend who owns one with his name engraved (by mike dubber) on it!, his dad worked with earl, and when he said he was making them, my friends dad said I want one for me and my son.

I saw one of the keller made century revolvers with full dubber engraving sell for 10,000 dollars!

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    That is cool. Did Bond Arms buy this action from Boberg?

Yes. Bought the design and made a few improvements: the barrel rotation cam and block are coated in something (NP3???) so all they require is light oil instead of greasy, proprietary anti-seize.

I will say it's a helluva soft shooter for the size and I can rack the slide with just my index finger: the ads didn't lie.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Colt Revolving shotgun in 10 gauge.
    [video=youtube_share;cbKDkOAi6Mo]http://youtu.be/cbKDkOAi6Mo[/video]

A chain fire would really suck in this one.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Yes. Bought the design and made a few improvements: the barrel rotation cam and block are coated in something (NP3???) so all they require is light oil instead of greasy, proprietary anti-seize.

I will say it's a helluva soft shooter for the size and I can rack the slide with just my index finger: the ads didn't lie.
    Care to share your experiences? I know when it was manufactured by Boberg it seemed plagued by reliability issues. How has yours been?

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Care to share your experiences? I know when it was manufactured by Boberg it seemed plagued by reliability issues. How has yours been?

Sadly, I haven't had a chance to get to the range with it again yet. I haven't had any reliability issues but I've only used WWB 115gr and Win 124gr NATO (both on the OK to use list) and under 100 rounds total :(. If it were scaled up to a full grip and longer barrel you'd think it was a .22 other than the volume. It still makes decent power/FPS and you can feel the recoil but it just doesn't push that hard or twist around like most guns when you can barely fit 2 fingers on the grip. Though there isn't much torque to cause muzzle rise but you don't have as much leverage to prevent it either, just something to note, not a problem. Trigger's DAO but smooth as butter, on par or maybe a little lighter than most DA semi-autos. Between that, a wide trigger, no "wall", and no overtravel the trigger's easier to deal with than many DAOs. Long story short, it's like shooting a full-size 9 but fits in a pocket.

Obviously there are some design constraints/drawbacks as well:
    -You must fully cycle the slide. the next round aligns with the chamber in the last 1/4" of slide travel.
    -No auto-slide-lock on empty mag. Makes sense since the rearward movement is what pulls the next round from the mag, if you lock it open on an empty mag, you'd have to drop the slide then rack it again to load it.
    -It is somewhat ammo sensitive in that the action works not unlike a kinetic bullet puller: uncrimped, low-neck-tension cases will be pulled off the bullets. Most SD ammo and many range-ammo varieties are A-OK though. Bond published a list and there's info on the old Boberg forums too.

Top Bottom