• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlphaSig112

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Lawrence
    I have received a couple of responses regarding my letters to officials concerning Gun Rights and the Second Amendment. These are the first two I have received. If anyone has heard anything coming from the Hancock county sheriff I would like to know that as well as I have not received a response from him yet.

Dear (AlphaSig112),

Thank you for contacting me concerning to gun control, especially in the wake of the horrific tragedy that occurred in Newtown, Connecticut. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this tragic event.

As you know, in the wake of the Newtown tragedy, discussions have focused on gun control and restrictions, along with how to provide much needed care to individuals with a mental illness, at both the state and the federal level. The 118 th Indiana General Assembly convened on January 7, 2013. If the issue of gun control arises, I expect a thorough discussion before any action is taken. I also believe we must examine our programs that help those with mental illness. Often, mental illnesses go undiagnosed and only come to l ight after something tragic have happened.

Ensuring a safe and productive learning environment for Hoosier students is always one of my top priorities. As disc ussions on these issues occur, it is important to examine all angles to ensure that we are protecting Hoosier students and teachers, rather than providing a knee-jerk reaction that does not address the underlying problem.

Again, thank you for contacting me and expressing your concerns on this issue. I hope you will continue to share your opinions on the issues that are important to you.

Sincerely,

Brian B. Bosma
    Speaker of the House
    118th General Assembly

And also a response from senator Crider.

Dear (AlphaSig112),

Thank you for your concerns regarding the right to bear arms in this state. I appreciate the time you took to contact me on this issue.

As your Senator, I assure you that I support the right to bear arms granted to the citizens of this country through the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution. This particular right is one of many that make our country unique, and it is a source of national pride. I will continue to support this amendment, and I encourage you to do the same. Thank you again for your thoughtful correspondence

Sincerely,

Michael Crider
    Indiana State Senator

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Dear (AlphaSig112),

Thank you for your concerns regarding the right to bear arms in this state. I appreciate the time you took to contact me on this issue.

As your Senator, I assure you that I support the right to bear arms granted to the citizens of this country through the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution. This particular right is one of many that make our country unique, and it is a source of national pride. I will continue to support this amendment, and I encourage you to do the same. Thank you again for your thoughtful correspondence

Sincerely,

Michael Crider
    Indiana State Senator

:ugh: :ugh: Tay wut Panky!:ugh::ugh:

I think you should write him back and call him on that!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom