• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Early on, I carried a Bersa 380 in a nylon holster, then moved up to a Betsa Thunder 9mm in an Uncle Mike's floppy holster. That was a decade or more ago.

Over the years, I've discovered Kramer holsters, tried Glocks and CZs and now carry a Sig P229 in a Kramer OWB on a biobelt. This is a good setup for me and it will be a while before it changes

Still carry a Bersa Thunder .380 from time to time when it fits best. Still one of my favorite pistols....great little guns.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Started out with a Gen 3 G19 in a copycat Uncle Mike's holster with an integrated mag carrier from Amazon (Outbags I believe the name of the company was). Carried with a standard belt. Thankfully I only carried like that in the house for a couple days before I realized it was a no go. Carried that gun for a year with a blackhawk serpa holster because I didn't know any better... :n00b:

Now I'm carrying a Shield Plus with a Daltech BioBelt and nice leather holster from a place I'm forgetting the name of, but it is very nice quality. Carries and conceals very nicely.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    SuperBio Belt with a Bravo Concealment OWB. I'm also testing how AIWB works for fat guys.
    I can carry AIWB but I can't work with it in there. I beat the belly too much.

Just ordered a Dara holster for my optic mounted EDC. Want to move away from leather/kydex and try the stainless fasteners. Fat and sweaty puts a hurt on things. Was going to use We The People until I heard all the bad press about them.

Bio Belt for a few years now. I beat it up and it still works fine and looks new. Have almost always had gun belt of some kind.

Did run a Galco Slide as my waist rig for a long time. Tried SOB with a Sig 230 for very short term. Also ran shoulder rigs way back when it was still OK. Galco horizontals. Had one for my Sig 220 and one for my Sig 230. The small one I would wear when I was working outside on job sites. Under the pit and no worries.

Only time I used Mike's floppies was to transport. Although I do have an Astra in a suede collapsible rig that I carried for a while as well.

Until the new rig comes in I am running a Crossbreed, optic cut and already rusted and stained. Still works but I know it won't last. Sent my other one back I think four times for new rivets.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I remember I had a 8 month old living in Indy and heard about robberies and weird **** happening on the monon, which we walked often, so I bought a 3.5” Taurus 1911 and a LH uncle mikes nylon holster for SOB carry. I’ve come along way…..

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I carried a Colt Detective special for years. I never liked carrying a semiauto without the back strap safety and those that had it were too large. Picked up a SA XDS a few years ago and love it. I wore on out and I am on my second XDS. Holsters, nothing but leather for me.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    That's actually an apartment complex in Ft. Wayne that rented vacant apartments as hotel rooms. We were with a few other couples (well heck, my now wife and I weren't even dating yet, just friends now that I think about it) and we partied at a country bar called Pierre's.
    Piere's used to turn out some pretty decent EMS runs on Friday and Saturday nights....

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Just ordered a Dara holster for my optic mounted EDC.
    What configuration?

I have one of the Dara OWB optic cut holsters in their paddle configuration. I do not like the Dara paddle at all. Difficult to get on and off, lots of play around the belt. Doesn't feel sturdy and the gun sticks way out. That holster has been relegated to my battle belt.

I wonder if the wings would make it more usable for CC.

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    I used to carry a platstic gun....
    That was before my 1911 and CZ 75 days.
    I used to carry 1911s. Now I carry a 45 Shield in a ProTEQ Kybrid IWB rig. Much lighter at the end of the day. Might move to the new 4" Shield soon if I can get it with an RMR optic cut without having to pay for the optic as well.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My first hand was a Beretta 92FS. Had to have it because our military were just moving to use it. Always been a Galco fan(blame Miami Vice). Carried that a good many years before I switched to something smaller.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My first hand was a Beretta 92FS. Had to have it because our military were just moving to use it. Always been a Galco fan(blame Miami Vice). Carried that a good many years before I switched to something smaller.
    We have some commonalities

Brian Keith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    I remember carrying a US issue M-1911-A1 (Remington Rand) in a WW II shoulder holster at the Friendship flea markets in the very early 1980's. I usually carried a .38 special, Charter Arms Undercover Special in an inside belt leather holster, not sure of the maker. I carried it in the small of my back. Eventually, the sewing gave way and the metal belt clip came off.
    BKW

Top Bottom