• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HandyAndy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Fort Wayne (SWAC)
    My employer is sending me to Ohio Thursday and Friday for work. I called the Lima Branch of the OSHP. The dispatcher put me on hold to confirm, and then informed me that they DO Honor the Indiana LTCH and all Indiana laws regarding carry would apply. I know I have seen may threads that state that they do not honor it, but it was right from the dispatchers mouth. If you would like her name and number I would be happy to provide it if asked.

Hooray for Ohio!
    :rockwoot:

Edited to add that I am now aware that this is incorrect information and this thread is utterly useless.......Lol

Last edited:

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Ohio has never recognized the Indiana Ltch but they also don't regulate open carry of a hand gun only concealed. I've been in Ohio several times on business and I just carry openly.
    I have heard that theere was an agreement in the works between Indiana and Ohio but haven't seen anything in writing.

HandyAndy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Fort Wayne (SWAC)
    Aaaaaand the dispatcher apologized profusely and was actually trying to get back in contact with me. She confirmed that we honor theirs, but they do not honor ours. She also added that in her own opinion "that kind of defeated the purpose of the reciprosity agreements." Nice.....

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    My employer is sending me to Ohio Thursday and Friday for work. I called the Lima Branch of the OSHP. The dispatcher put me on hold to confirm, and then informed me that they DO Honor the Indiana LTCH and all Indiana laws regarding carry would apply. I know I have seen may threads that state that they do not honor it, but it was right from the dispatchers mouth. If you would like her name and number I would be happy to provide it if asked.

Hooray for Ohio!
    :rockwoot:

Edited to add that I am now aware that this is incorrect information and this thread is utterly useless.......Lol

This is exactly why you do NOT ask police what the laws are.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    Lol....Phonecall made to Ohio AG's office. They do not honor it.....now I'm going to call the OSHP Back......

I can just see it going down now if you were stopped for speeding. Cop would look at you while you explained that another cop said it was okay.

Haha good thing you made that second phone call. You could always just carry open though.

Jakob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I knew it! I checked for this two years ago when I was looking for work and Ohio is one of the non-reciprocity states for Indiana :( What did we ever do to them!

Lodekai

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    It's the training thing. Ohio requires a training course and Indiana does not. I'm sure there are other reasons as well. I just moved here from Ohio and had to give it up. Fortunately I have the training certificate to use for the Florida license.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    If you were to get a Florida permit, Indiana wouldn't recognize it as an alternative to LTCH for Indiana resident.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Legislation is before the OH House (or will be soon) for a vote to allow reciprocity. It has already passed their Senate.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Indiana is not on the concealed carry 'reciprocity' list of the Ohio Attorney General...
    After reading that list, I finished reading the rest of this thread. :D

HandyAndy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Fort Wayne (SWAC)
    Indiana is not on the concealed carry 'reciprocity' list of the Ohio Attorney General...
    After reading that list, I finished reading the rest of this thread. :D

Actually, the dispatcher told me what she did. She looked at the Indiana Reciprocity list and Ohio was on it, and she told me what she did on the assumption that reciprocity was reciprocated. She later found out that when it comes to reciprocity, reciprocation is not always the case.....Lol

I haven't used any form of the word reciprocate that many times in my entire life. My head hurts......:stretcher:

Top Bottom