• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Congrats to the Buckeyes. Still can't believe the State that elected Howard Metzenbaum for like 50 years beat us to Constitutional Carry.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, he signed it but he didn't like it and neither did a lot of LEO brass hats

I chalk it up to he's running for re-election this year and not any strong pro 2A sentiment

That said, a win is a win. I really only look for it to affect predominantly new owners as most everyone else interested went the CCW route

I like the removal of duty to disclose in favor of must disclose if asked. Officer and I don't need to talk about the subject unless he is really interested and there was some hassling of CC peeps in anti-gun locales if literally the first words out of your mouth in a contact situation were not 'I am a CCW holder and I am currently armed'

That could sometimes start the knotting process on officer friendly's tighty whiteys

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Isn't it thought that Governor Holcomb wants to be Senator Holcomb next?

I would bet he wouldn't sign it as governor unless he was sure it wouldn't come back to haunt him in his quest to never have a real job

Get as close to an override majority as you can before it goes to his desk and expect every gold braid LEO to be against it, which gives him an excuse for vetoing it

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I like the removal of duty to disclose in favor of must disclose if asked. Officer and I don't need to talk about the subject unless he is really interested and there was some hassling of CC peeps in anti-gun locales if literally the first words out of your mouth in a contact situation were not 'I am a CCW holder and I am currently armed'
    I would much rather be able to sit quietly in a vehicle, hands at 10 & 2 on the wheel (insurance & registration are located in a zippered pouch located above the visor rather than in the glove compartment), and have a rational conversation with a calm officer than deal with an escalated or heightened stress situation due the introduction of the knowledge of a firearm.
    In speaking with cop friends, sometimes, knowing less is best...and helps keep things simple and straight forward, which is what most cops want! As one friend said, if there's more going on, typically, we usually figure it out...and over-talking is one red 'flag'.
    If I have a question, I wait until there's a break in their statement(s) and ask, "Sir (Ma'am), may I ask a question?" and wait for them to say "Yes!" and things have always proceeded smoothly from there!
    I much rather turn it into a rational conversation than to escalate it into an argument by trying to force my point of view. I know not to just blurt it out, arguing my position, and try to 'over-power' or 'dominate' the officer verbally! I've had officers drop speeding tickets to a Verbal Warning because I was respectful and 'cooperative'!
    One's 'presentation' with an officer has a LOT to deal with the outcome of any traffic stop...
    Calm, mature, reasonable individuals are usually treated with respect and given the benefit of the doubt.
    Angry, aggressive, verbally-assaulting individuals tend to be treated accordingly and should not be surprised or upset when the officer responds to their aggression in a manner that 'handles' the situation or that, in the end, simply protects him/her self.
    Bet calm and the adult in the situation...not the escalator!

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Good for OH!

Still not happy with the signs rule and the alcohol rule, but not every state can be like IN.
    ^^This!!^^ I'm still shocked the State that voted Howard Metzenbaum into office for like 50 years beat us to ConC.

Top Bottom