• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Im sure I'm gonna get flamed, but somebody has to evenly balance out the "pro/con marijuana" talk.

I cant say Im for the legalization of drugs. With that being said, decriminalization is a different story. The Ohio man caught with 4.5 pounds of marijuana was a dealer, and thus should be treated differently than a pothead caught with a few joints. He is different from regular stoners (ranging from teens to dead heads), in that he had access to some serious weight.

As for the matter that "it shouldnt be a big deal because it grows naturally", that is a cop-out. Marijuana cultivation is BIG business, dozens if not hundreds of people are killed every year for finding pot farms or finding out things they shouldnt (especially in regards to distribution and growing operations). Cultivators are just as dangerous as Bubba who is cooking up meth in the mountains.

As for Deaths not being associated with Marijuana. I am certain that if a legitimate study was shown of the affects of consistant consumption of marijuana over a period of time (regularly check vitals such as differences in heart responses and the affects on the lungs), that there would be a difference in the health; Also, I dont think that anyone has done a study to show the affects of marijuana years after consumption. Dont forget that hot smoke regardless of cigarette or marijuana, scorches scilia (the little hairs in the lungs); Finally, have you ever heard the cough of someone that smokes a few blunts every day, its a wet "smokers cough".

This is a topic that, in all honesty, can have arguments made for both sides.:twocents:

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I read the article and it looked to me like the 4 1/2 pounds was with the cereal included. It said the marijuana was in a liquid form, which wouldn't weigh that much. :twocents:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Im sure I'm gonna get flamed
    I just wanna talk to ya. :):

The Ohio man caught with 4.5 pounds of marijuana was a dealer, and thus should be treated differently than a pothead caught with a few joints. He is different from regular stoners (ranging from teens to dead heads), in that he had access to some serious weight.
    Clarification, the weight of the actual marijuana content does not seem to be known. He had about 2 pans of illegal Rice-Krispie Treats. Proof of his "intent to sell" seems to be 100% speculative.

As for the matter that "it shouldnt be a big deal because it grows naturally", that is a cop-out.
    No cop out. Anyone who professes to be for "small government" should think long and hard about this. A government that can ban plants, can ban anything. I used to be a hypocrite conservative but no more. Plants should be legal. Period.

Marijuana cultivation is BIG business, dozens if not hundreds of people are killed every year for finding pot farms or finding out things they shouldnt (especially in regards to distribution and growing operations). Cultivators are just as dangerous as Bubba who is cooking up meth in the mountains.
    The violence is all derived from the existence of a black market (created by government prohibition laws). Tobacco is big business too, but nobody is fighting over secret tobacco crops.

As for Deaths not being associated with Marijuana. I am certain that if a legitimate study was shown of the affects of consistant consumption of marijuana over a period of time (regularly check vitals such as differences in heart responses and the affects on the lungs), that there would be a difference in the health; Also, I dont think that anyone has done a study to show the affects of marijuana years after consumption. Dont forget that hot smoke regardless of cigarette or marijuana, scorches scilia (the little hairs in the lungs); Finally, have you ever heard the cough of someone that smokes a few blunts every day, its a wet "smokers cough".
    I don't think this Nanny Government has any obligation to force me to be healthy or increase my longevity. I bet eating McDonald's regularly is a lot more harmful than smoking pot. But I could not care less who kills themself first. Health is a personal responsibility.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I am not saying that I am for or against decriminalization of marihauna. I have stopped several cars for weaving, slowing up and down, erratic driving. I have gotten them out of the car and they are under the influence of marihauna. They test .00% BAC but my question is do you really want those type of drivers on the road? They fail SFSTs (standardized field sobriety tests). Remember your family and mine drive the same streets.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    And yet Deadly Nightshade, Oleander, and Castor Bean plants are all okay.

Depends on your jurisdiction. Also, White/Asian Oleander (one of the more lethal varieties of Oleander) is hard to acquire (I am an amateur botanist, and therefore have been in a few dozen specialty plant stores and nurseries); even if one can manage to find Oleander, people ask questions as to the intent of its usage.

Foxglove is also lethal, but we're getting off topic.

He was in posession of a controlled substance, and had the intention of dispersing it, which makes it 2x illegal (posession and distribution). Until Ohio decriminalizes it, there is no use of whining that it isnt fair (If we want change, we have to orchestrate its occurrence; My pappy used to say "If it is to be, it will be by me").

:twocents:

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    But you're always so dapper. Posters never see it coming.

dapperdan.jpg

If anybody needs some of this I can get some, but it will take two weeks to get it to you. :twocents:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I am not saying that I am for or against decriminalization of marihauna. I have stopped several cars for weaving, slowing up and down, erratic driving. I have gotten them out of the car and they are under the influence of marihauna. They test .00% BAC but my question is do you really want those type of drivers on the road? They fail SFSTs (standardized field sobriety tests). Remember your family and mine drive the same streets.
    I would rather be on the road with a bunch of potheads than all these people and there smart phones.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I agree, again, completely. As I said, I am for phased decriminalization of ALL drugs. As the private sector develops rapid response, on-site detection methods for 'illicit' drug detection, the substance should be completely decriminalized. Sit in your house and inject drano and heroin right into your damn brain stem, I don't care. If you subsequently cause harm to others due to your actions, you should be penalized to the fullest extent of the law.

As to the original point, that's why I asked for the details involved in the cannabis related deaths. I was curious as to the particulars.

There have been more deaths attributed to water intoxication then to marijuana consumption. Water's still legal.

That right there is what I'd call a party....but only if I'm using dirty pins.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    A pound of pot butter has less somewhere between 9 and 18 grams of pot in it if you're trying to make something palatable.

A batch of Rice Krispy Treats has 3 tablespoons of butter per 6 cups of cereal.

There are 32 tablespoons of budder in a pound.

You can do the math to figure out relatively how little pot this guy used.

Top Bottom