• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    VZ 2000 Tactical Rifle

New rifle time :rockwoot:....picking up one of these tomorrow and I am wondering if anyone here has any experience with them. A little research on the web has been pretty encouraging and I've already handled one in person. Seems like a really high quality rifle. Looks like an AK but totally different internally. Thoughts or experience??

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    All the VZ58 copies that I've handled seem great. Even my lowly Century 2008 is superb.

I almost bought a Czechpoint, but really the copies are fine.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    They are really nice shooters! I have one, and about the only issue mine has shown is it likes to kick the spent cartridges straight up. Takes getting used to a sight picture where the brass is either coming down directly in front of you, or bouncing off the top of the rifle, or as one did, landing on my arm...HOT!!!!

Seriously, it is a great shooter, and very accurate. You are going to enjoy your new purchase!

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    You'll enjoy. I had a Century build that ran flawlessly. It does shoot the ammo straight up with velocity! It makes for interesting times when at a range with a metal, corrugated roof. The only anomaly I noticed with my shooting was a tendency to get the outer plastic of my hearing protection directly on the wood-infused-plastic-stock and end up with a good aural ringing. ;)

Buy plenty of mags.

Pics in my old sale thread below.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns_rifles_and_shotguns/210235-vz_58_fixed_and_folder.html

Top Bottom