• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    no matter how low they go i can promise you "IT"S" not getting my vote. but agreed the prices have been making my pay check go a little further but at the same time i bought the truck.. i'll put the gas in it... :xmad:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    30 million barrels is a drop in the bucket, approx 3 to 5 days worth of use in America. It's symbolic BS and them taking credit for doing something they didn't actually do.

Refineries in the States have been operating at reduced capacity for quite a while as they were refitting to comply with newer EPA restrictions. Guess what?, these refinery additions are now complete and they are ready to ramp back up to full production levels.

Besides, America gets the bulk of it's oil from Canada and Mexico. The middle east has very little to do with America's oil usage other than being a convenient scape goat to point at when the public cries about high gas prices.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    30 million barrels is a drop in the bucket, approx 3 to 5 days worth of use in America. It's symbolic BS and them taking credit for doing something they didn't actually do.

Refineries in the States have been operating at reduced capacity for quite a while as they were refitting to comply with newer EPA restrictions. Guess what?, these refinery additions are now complete and they are ready to ramp back up to full production levels.

Besides, America gets the bulk of it's oil from Canada and Mexico. The middle east has very little to do with America's oil usage other than being a convenient scape goat to point at when the public cries about high gas prices.

Actually, the US is it's own largest single supplier of crude oil. Canada and Mexico are our largest oil import partners, followed by Saudi Arabia and Venezuela respectively.

Here's a list of oil importation, for the most recently compiled 6 months to have a look at. We still produce some ~49% of our own crude oil. Adding in Canada and Mexico, we get about 70% of our domestic fuel consumption from the North American continent.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Actually, the US is it's own largest single supplier of crude oil. Canada and Mexico are our largest oil import partners, followed by Saudi Arabia and Venezuela respectively.

Here's a list of oil importation, for the most recently compiled 6 months to have a look at. We still produce some ~49% of our own crude oil. Adding in Canada and Mexico, we get about 70% of our domestic fuel consumption from the North American continent.

I guess I should have been more specific and said the bulk of what we do import. You're right, NYF, thanks for the better info and sorry for the confusion.

The fact still remains that Middle Eastern oil doesn't really effect the US much in terms of actual supply. It's effect is more a programed emotional response.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I guess I should have been more specific and said the bulk of what we do import. You're right, NYF, thanks for the better info and sorry for the confusion.

The fact still remains that Middle Eastern oil doesn't really effect the US much in terms of actual supply. It's effect is more a programed emotional response.

Indeed, which is why I get sick to death of hearing how America is beholden to OPEC. If any nation-state/entity is wholly owned by OPEC, it's continental Europe with the exception of Russia.

Top Bottom