Ok, admit it. Did you over pay (private party)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RSW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Ok, who's going to admit that they overpaid for ammo?
    What did you get?
    What did you pay?
    Keeping it or its already been shot so I'm looking for more?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    At the last Evansville gun show I paid 60cents/round for a 100 round box of Remington hollow points and 2 50 round boxes of Winchester White Box hollowpoints. Overpriced, but better than having a gun with next to no ammunition.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I bought some Silver Bear 5.45x39 for $.30/round. I have a lot of surplus, but have been having cycling issues with my Waffen Werks AK-74 and want to test it with some commercial ammo.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not me, at least not yet. One of the advantages of only needing to stock a few calibers is you can order ammo by the thousand and get a good discount. I shoot primarily .40 and .45, a little bit of .38, and some .44 just for fun.

My last orders were:

34/cents a round for .45, shipped from Bud's Police Supply.
    27/cents a round for .40, from Kiesler's Police Supply.

The .40 was trade in ammo at a police supply store, amazing price. Its still available to LEOs and gov't agencies at 36/cents a round if you pick it up.

Rifle, I'm only stocking .22 (which I have about a lifetime supply of) and 7.62x39.

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    It wasn't ammo, But I bought 1,000 primers last week for $62 and some change. First week in December 2012, I paid something like $38 and change for the same kind, same brand and same gun shop.... But I only had about 150 primers left and had about 130rds loaded and over 600 that needed loaded.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Roll my own - I don't buy from the Ammo Zombies.

:+1:

I checked last night, and after "loaning" my buddy 150 rounds for a class he's taking, I still have a little over 2,000 rounds of 9mm loaded. Plus, I have a few other rounds of this n' that. :)

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Roll my own - I don't buy from the Ammo Zombies.

I'm with him. The few things I am trying to sell or trade I am trying hard to keep at normal prices as well. I did a resupply run yesterday for some primers, bullets and a few other sundries at Profire who is also selling at normal prices. So a HUGE +! to Andrew and company at Profire for helping keep prices sane and for being so helpful as well. :yesway: :yesway:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Not going to happen! Been buying and stocking for over 20 years - reload over 30 calibers. Cast just about all handgun and some rifle rounds. Have and will again (when lower prices come back) buy ammo and components in bulk. Have enough ammo and reloading supplies for several years of most every calibers we own. Haven't bought any ammo for about 3 months, only components son & I have bought were 5K of Win LR mag primers for $170 and 500 62gr .223 bullets (new not pulls) for $90 at Lafayette GS. Guess the bullets may have been a little high - maybe $10 - $15 more than pre-panic days.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I paid $85 for 100 rds of PMC Bronze at Don's Guns. Last time I'll go there, but it was the only place with .45acp in stock that day I was going shooting.

Edit: My bad, just saw the "(private party)" thing.

Last edited:

RSW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    I don't think it's over but it's going to be a tuff few months to come. I'm thinking 6 months before stock becomes normal and a few months after that before prices come down a bit.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I don't think it's over but it's going to be a tuff few months to come. I'm thinking 6 months before stock becomes normal and a few months after that before prices come down a bit.

was more asking Goodcat considering he has already made it through. Through what I guess I don't know. :)

Prices will come down a bit but as I said elsewhere, they are up for good and not due to some sort of regular reason. They are up because people have shown a willingness to pay more for things and those who sell are wanting to make as much as they can on what they sell. That is only normal. So once the stocks are more easy to keep around, prices will edge up a bit for a while and then stabiliZe at a new paradigm we will have to pay or do without. All thanks to a bunch of egg sucking profiteers and their willing customer dupes. :xmad:

I am making it through without over paying and trying to do my part by selling of unneeded dies and other stuff for a reasonable price. I wish I had more of the mainline stuff to get rid of but it seems right now what I have, few need or want. I am still digging through my "garage of wonders" though. I call it that because I wonder what is in there. :laugh:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom