• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    So here are the tests I want to put the M&P through side by side with the XD:

Dry fire to aquaint myself with the trigger.
    Type 1, 2, and 3 malfunction clearance.
    One handed manipulations.
    Shooting in odd positions.
    Retention shooting.
    Shooting both good brass and tul-steel ammo to make sure it feeds anything you put in it.
    Shooting with my TLR-1 light mounted on it.

All tests will be done at defensive-shooting ranges. 3-10 yards. (The purpose of the gun is defensive after all)

Anything else you can add?

Blue Boxer added:
    5 shot strings
    Target transition shooting.

Last edited:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Just checking to make sure we're still on. I sent you a pm to see if you wanted to shoot out at my place/have more time to test, but didn't get a response.

I can be there at 4, and it looks like our previous engagement has fallen through, so I should be able to stay later if needed. Not too late though, we've got an Appleseed event Sat. morning.

I forgot I also have an M&P22 pistol (used to be a great cheap trainer until ammo went through the roof lol). Same size as a full size 9 or 40 (obvious weight diff. when loaded) but it also has a thumb safety (same style as a full size 9 or 40) you are welcome to try.

We don't have a whizbang camera, but I can record video if you don't have anyone else lined up.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm probably not going to be able to make it... So sorry to disappoint. :D

The following week, I probably could, however, should things fall through for the 19th.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just checking to make sure we're still on. I sent you a pm to see if you wanted to shoot out at my place/have more time to test, but didn't get a response.

I can be there at 4, and it looks like our previous engagement has fallen through, so I should be able to stay later if needed. Not too late though, we've got an Appleseed event Sat. morning.

I forgot I also have an M&P22 pistol (used to be a great cheap trainer until ammo went through the roof lol). Same size as a full size 9 or 40 (obvious weight diff. when loaded) but it also has a thumb safety (same style as a full size 9 or 40) you are welcome to try.

We don't have a whizbang camera, but I can record video if you don't have anyone else lined up.

We are still on! Please bring camera and your 22!

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis

Sorry about not responding quickly.

Between dealing with female junk :rolleyes:, working in the ER till mindnight, selling a couple of guns, etc I got distracted.

I'll be there. Two polymer guns will go in. Only one will emerge as my edc/ HD pistol. :draw:

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    To all planning on attending:

Blueboxer and I will be waiting for you when you arrive at MCFG.

We are both young (twenties) white males with movie star good looks. :laugh: I'll be wearing jeans, t-shirt, and OCing the XD .45 on my him. Blueboxer will have his SIG 1911 (brand new, really nice gun)

We'll be the ones you mistake for action heros. lol :ar15:

All kidding aside, we will try to arrive early and grab one of the pistol bays on the right side of parking lot.

PM me if you need a way to get in and are not a member. Guest fees are 10$ for the whole day.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I'll be the really skinny dude with a buttload of m&p's (though I cannot carry them all on my person like Rhino). I may bring a guest, not sure yet if he can make it. He's an xdm owner :)

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    I want in on this party! I have a M&P9 EXO I can provide for its stunning beauty. I was planning on shooting tonight but the weather does not look good. I would be interested in try out some of the other M&P upgrades everyone has. Looking to upgrade my M&P, it owuld be nice to try some before I buy.

Top Bottom