OK, Seriously, How Many Have Been There?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have You Used Your Gun In Defense?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I have not been in a shootout but I have used a gun for self defense. The way your question is worded in the original post then my use of a gun, without having to fire it, does not count as answering in the affirmative. However to read the poll, I should answer in the affirmative.

Pulling it counts. I'm sorry I didn't clarify.

Josh

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    the only times I have needed my gun is when I couldn't carry it legally working on the southside of Chicago. In the 9 months I worked there, I was shot at twice, my store was robbed successfully twice, and had several attempts that were unsuccessful. Funny how the crime there is so bad where law abiding citizens cannot be armed and here in Indiana, where I can and do carry my firearm, I have never had to use it and hope never have to, but would rather have it and never need it than need it and not have it.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I've never been in a shootout, but in my younger and stupider days I had a 12 gauge pointed at my head by a farmer who thought that I had stampeded his cattle which I did not. I also had a druggie put his .32 chrome plated revolver on the tip of my nose because I insulted his lifestyle. The first episode was when I was about 12 years old and second was when I was a freshman in college. The first situation was disarmed by the Sheriff and the second by my uncle Mike who snuck up behind the guy and put his gun hand in a half Nelson while bending him backwards to get him off balance since uncle Mike was about 5'-8" and the gunman was 6'-9". I was sure lucky that the gun did not go off and shoot one of us. both episodes required the changing of my underwear---nah, not really.

Top Bottom