OK, Seriously, How Many Have Been There?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have You Used Your Gun In Defense?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    funny thing is that was the one time I had to wait for a train at a crossing that I've never had to wait at before! I had plenty of time to drive around the gates, but for some reason didn't. Had I done so, I might not be here typing this. Bill T.

Good thing not to challenge a locomotive.
    Some famous last words here :"plenty of time to drive around the gates"

Merry Christmas

Mark

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I voted no, but I have had to use a firearm in defense of a few squirrels that invaded my home. They were coming right at me I had no choice.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I have never shot someone in my defense. However, I voted yes, because twice in my life, HAVING and PRESENTING a gun has saved me from death or serious injury. Both situations were a second or two away from the trigger getting some work. Both situations changed in the only direction that kept me from shooting.

These are the stats that are hard to capture but no where less real.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    twice in my life, HAVING and PRESENTING a gun has saved me from death or serious injury.

Have you shared these events with INGO before Joe? I ask because I'm always looking for real-life examples to refute the "if I'm pulling my gun, I'm pulling the trigger" crowd.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I have never shot someone in my defense. However, I voted yes, because twice in my life, HAVING and PRESENTING a gun has saved me from death or serious injury. Both situations were a second or two away from the trigger getting some work. Both situations changed in the only direction that kept me from shooting.

These are the stats that are hard to capture but no where less real.

Have you shared these events with INGO before Joe? I ask because I'm always looking for real-life examples to refute the "if I'm pulling my gun, I'm pulling the trigger" crowd.

I agree that statements like that are complete BS. If you only pulled out your weapon after you realize you need to shoot, you're already too late.

I agree with this as well, but Joe he asked about SHOOTOUTS which constitutes actually shooting. I've drawn my gun multiple times, once when the threat was aware of it, but answered no because bullets never flew. There is large difference between defense by way of posturing and defense by way of force.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I drew my issued weapon once, while in the Army, when confronted by a drugged-out soldier with an entrenching tool. Fortunately, I had my driver call the MPs and they subdued him without having to shoot him.

I've been shot at, I've been robbed (once), but I've never had to draw my weapon, other than in training, since that first time in the Army.

Glock18FA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    I have been shot at once. I didnt return fire. I might have if my dad wasnt there. In my brothers defense though I was walking through some brush that was over my head and he couldnt see me. He blamed it on the rabbit.

Last edited:

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I've had the gun out, and fortunately that was enough to manage the situation. I voted "no" because that doesn't really count right?

But hey, better that then some corpse on my conscience. :dunno:

Top Bottom