• ...and so much more!
  • Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Ridiculous, really.

I can't speak on behalf of everyone, but as a law abiding, level-headed gun owner,
    I don't walk around staring in someones HAND expecting to see a gun.

Holster? Sure. And it's there like a parked car stays parked. Nothing to be afraid of.

These "research studies" really get me sometimes... But, it is what it is.

I carry for my own personal defense and don't ever, ever EVER want to have to use it...
    But much like owning a fire extinguisher in my home, it's there at the very worst case scenario that I may need it.

JdsBiff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Muncie
    Thinking that everyone has a gun is no different than being a defensive driver. You must be aware of what is going on around you and be ready to react in all situations.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    In other breaking news, new studies have found that the chemical compound H2O is perceived by a large number of human beings as being "wet", and members of the Ursidae species of animals have a remarkable propensity to defecate :poop: in areas with a high density of trees. :rolleyes: :n00b: ;)

captainobvious.jpg

The reason for this intuitively-obvious, "Well no screamin' eagle :poop: there... Einstein!" bit of completely useless information that this "study" allegedly found is this; once a person make the transition from being one of the :sheep: -ple to taking responsibility for their own safety and self-protection, the citizen's awareness that there may be more armed criminals than they originally thought back in their bliss-ninny/tactically unaware days usually increases... = Duh!!

catduhface.jpg

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    According to the study, if you put a gun in the hand of someone WITH NO GUN TRAINING they tend to think other people have guns.
    How does that relate to anything.:dunno:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    the WTHR story does not give much detail on the study..
    If it is the same study WLFI mentioned a few weeks ago it is not a very good comparison..
    Test persons were given an object to hold , in their hand, and shown pictures of other people hold things.. but only for a brief second...
    not a real comparison to real life..

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Does anyone have a link to the study? I've heard a few blurbs about the results then a lot of talk about what it means. You can postulate till you're blue in the face, but the actual test and results is what counts. Heck, psychologist and sociologist are still debating on the meaning of Milgram's experiments.

Garrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've always been an observant person prior to carrying a firearm and currently carrying a firearm. Its just my nature to take in everything around, and I've always made a note to take notice of others with firearms in the general public. I did this just as much prior to owning/carrying as I do now. Its just comes natural to me. And its not just firearms either, I've always observed small details about people, whether they are in a defensive/offensive stance/gestures or just their relaxed state. And it doesn't come from paranoia, as I am far from that. I just always asses my situations in everyday life and have done so since I was a child. Who knows, Im happy and enjoy life. So all is well :)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I had a gun, until a horrible boating accident last summer. Anyone willing to loan me one until I find mine at the bottom of Raccoon Lake?

I remember that sad day, never again will I go on a boat trip with other INGO members, especially with all the guns and ammo I owned at the time.

I always said that a INGO meeting in the middle of the Atlantic was a bad idea.
    But of course Fenway told me to bring all my guns, that the boat was safe, that we had no chance of meeting icebergs in this season and all those BS. :xmad:

titanic32.jpg

We all know how that turned out ... :rolleyes:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The key is that the study was done on people with no firearms training.

If you have people with no journalism or news media training read stories on the air they know are slanted to produce a false impression will they assume news casters are biased?

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Unknown guys comments in the story reminds me of a Clint Smith quote....

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That’s ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    It is just one more attempt of the liberal media to convince the uneducated general public that owning firearms and firearm owners are BAD. I sent WTHR a note specifically addressing this clearly liberal bend to their story. Bet you can guess my reply...this was a non-issue, and has no business being run as news.

Top Bottom