• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BobM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The wife and I were going to the movie theatre in Plainfield, In. There was this large goose (Honest, this isn't a joke!) that attacked us. We were beside the theatre when it happened and were nowhere near anyplace that could have been a nest. Being a clumsy old fart, I fell backward over the curb while hitting the goose in the beak with my hat. IF I hadda shot that nasty SOB, would Plainfield PD have arrested me? I can prove I was defending myself:
    GooseAttack001_zps38e09d41.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    IIRC, geese are a protected species. If you were to shoot, I can see the protected thing causing you hassle.:twocents: IANAL.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Protected species and inside of city limits. IANAL but can't see any good coming out of that.

As as vicious as they are I'm not surprised you got owned by a goose. Happens all the time but I probably wouldn't admit to it. Then again, never happened to me. Maybe you coulda had him for dinner? Any chance he escaped from a Chinese restaurant and he thought you were trying to take him back?

BobM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You got your arse kicked by a goose AND announced it on INGO? :noway:

Yeah. Well actually I got my arse whipped by a 6" curb! I was actually dealing with the darned goose by hitting it on the beak with my hat. But, being an old clumsy fart, I stepped backward on the curb and twisted my ankle. And, still the old fart thing, my skin is so thin that it tears easily. But also being diabetic, I could still claim fear for my life I guess! ;-)

BobM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Protected species and inside of city limits. IANAL but can't see any good coming out of that.

As as vicious as they are I'm not surprised you got owned by a goose. Happens all the time but I probably wouldn't admit to it. Then again, never happened to me. Maybe you coulda had him for dinner? Any chance he escaped from a Chinese restaurant and he thought you were trying to take him back?

I don't know WHAT his problem was. But the wife saw he was gonna attack and ran. That was all it took. I was mad at the stupid goose when I went down, but it was funny too! If we had a tape of it we could have probably won money on "America's Funniest Videos"!

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Its a goose, not a vicious dog with teeth, or a gun toting thug. You probably would have been arrested imho. Unnecessary use of force (if there is such thing against wild and protected species), and probably discharge of a firearm within city limits.

I was golfing once, and a goose attacked me... I easily "handled" the situation ;)

All legality aside, geese are some nasty, mean, sob's and I'd have no problem blasting them haha!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Its a goose, not a vicious dog with teeth, or a gun toting thug. You probably would have been arrested imho. Unnecessary use of force (if there is such thing against wild and protected species), and probably discharge of a firearm within city limits.

I was golfing once, and a goose attacked me... I easily "handled" the situation ;)

All legality aside, geese are some nasty, mean, sob's and I'd have no problem blasting them haha!

Have you ever been attacked by one or more of these things.....yes, the can be vicious. Yes, they will bite the hell out of you.
    Kick the **** out of it and go on. Hope no one sees it. JMHO

Have had to fight my way through a "Herd" of them before.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    As geasy as geese are supposed to be I've heard that you just cook them and then throw them away then eat the pan!

Take 6 goose breasts
    1 large onion
    1 cup of carrots
    1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
    Place the breasts on a Cedar plank
    Spread all the ingredents on the breasts
    Bake in oven at 420 degs for 25 minutes.
    Remove from the oven.
    Throw away the goose and eat the Cedar plank.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Have you ever been attacked by one or more of these things.....yes, the can be vicious. Yes, they will bite the hell out of you.
    Kick the **** out of it and go on. Hope no one sees it. JMHO

Have had to fight my way through a "Herd" of them before.

I was actually attacked by a mother and father goose in highschool. I beat the ever living crap out of one of them, and got suspended for 3 days hahaha. I'm not april foolsing either.

either way though, they don't pose life threating harm, and I would guess one would be slammed by the law if they shot one in the city... by the city and probably fined for killing a protected species.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I carry a 22 inch Monadnock baton sometimes. I think that goose would get a taste of that. Or my boot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was actually attacked by a mother and father goose in highschool. I beat the ever living crap out of one of them, and got suspended for 3 days hahaha. I'm not april foolsing either.

The HVAC equipment for the big buildings is sometimes in the back surrounded by hedges/shrubs/trees and those damn things nest in there. zI come to service or repair the equipment and they start getting PI$$ED off and chasing me. Just not something I am willing to put up with.

Top Bottom