Okay, I get it now. I think I hate Glocks and love CZs...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    A) If you're not good with the handgun you have, you're not practicing enough with that gun to get good at it.

B) A better-fitting handgun in a shooter's hand can lessen the amount of practice needed to get good at it.

C) DA/SA handguns require just as much training, and possibly more, in order to stay consistent with that first shot.

D) In my life, I've owned 2 different CZ pistols (Well, 3 if you count a model 52). A 40p and a satin nickel 75b. I now no longer own any of them.

E) M&P Master Race, baby.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This one time I was actually able to hit a target with a G****. It only happened once. Must have been a fluke. If I wanted a gun with a crappy trigger and crappy sights, I'd just buy a CZ. Oh wait....

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Bravo! Glad to see you've seen the light. Enough with Glocks. There is nothing like holding cold hard steel and letting it go Bang!

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    A) If you're not good with the handgun you have, you're not practicing enough with that gun to get good at it.

B) A better-fitting handgun in a shooter's hand can lessen the amount of practice needed to get good at it.

C) DA/SA handguns require just as much training, and possibly more, in order to stay consistent with that first shot.

D) In my life, I've owned 2 different CZ pistols (Well, 3 if you count a model 52). A 40p and a satin nickel 75b. I now no longer own any of them.

E) M&P Master Race, baby.
    What you posted for B kind of negates A. For instance, I naturally shoot full size DA/SA pistols better than striker fired. So, that's what I carry. Not everyone can devote the time and money into getting good with a Glock or any other platform for that matter. I find it more prudent to carry and shoot what works for you. If that's a Glock, cool. For me, it's a Beretta 92 or Sig 228. Go with what works for you.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What you posted for B kind of negates A. For instance, I naturally shoot full size DA/SA pistols better than striker fired. So, that's what I carry. Not everyone can devote the time and money into getting good with a Glock or any other platform for that matter. I find it more prudent to carry and shoot what works for you. If that's a Glock, cool. For me, it's a Beretta 92 or Sig 228. Go with what works for you.

Yeah, seems pretty obvious. :dunno:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Perhaps for someone in the general population.

But consider the 2nd and 3rd generation S&W pistols. They were issued en masse to a ton of LEO.

They HAD to carry that pistol. It was up to them to practice with it enough in order to become proficient with it. They couldn't just switch to something that "fit their hand better".

A guy can learn to shoot anything well if one is so inclined. Period.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

But consider the 2nd and 3rd generation S&W pistols. They were issued en masse to a ton of LEO.

They HAD to carry that pistol. It was up to them to practice with it enough in order to become proficient with it. They couldn't just switch to something that "fit their hand better".

While that's true, wouldn't starting with something that suits you better, that you shoot better, make things easier overall?

Dutch68

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2015
    apt
    I am ready to become a CZ owner once again , when the P10 Compact becomes available. I had one of those P O1 9mm a few years ago ---a nice carry gun and a great shooter. I like Glocks , I just can't shoot 'em worth a darn -grip size was a little too large for me-I did shoot a friend's G36 halfway decent , but that was a few years ago before some arthritis started setting in . Any way , Have fun with your CZ(s). You will get to like then even more .

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I searched for a very long time for that "just right" for me pistol. I bought a CZ compact, then I bought a second one, then I stopped searching...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I searched for a very long time for that "just right" for me pistol. I bought a CZ compact, then I bought a second one, then I stopped searching...
    My experience was very similar. I sent mine down to Cajun Gun Works. It was truly all over after that.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville

I don't doubt that you can learn to shoot anything well, but again it comes back to time and resources available to do so.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Don't hate anything.

Like a wife, do your best to choose one that you can get along with.
    Many times you see guys married to women that you personally would not want to ever be around, but that wife suits him just fine.
    Sometimes you get a wife that you think will be perfect for you, but after a while, you find too many things that you don't like.

It is good manners to never put down another man's wife, pistol, dog, etc. Even if he likes glocks.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom