Okay to fold approved form 4 for storage?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rossko85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2014
    Brownsburg
    I store my form 4s flat in a safe, make copies and reduced sized copies and fold those

+1! Fold away just as long as what your folding is the COPY of the stamp...I have copies for my suppressor in the pistol grip or foregrip of all my host rifles, and both in my sbr; I even have some copies folded up and put in my range bag. Just be glad you have this problem! Welcome to the club! A lot of people are still waiting to have this problem LOL!!

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Mine always come back to my dealer (and my Form 1's back to me) folded with a nice big crease in the picture. Don't sweat it, it's fine to fold.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I made a bunch of copies of my forms when I first got it back and keep the original flat in an envelope under the foam on the bottom of my safe. I even made a copy of the stamp only and taped it to the back of my LTCH which I keep in my wallet.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    So would that cause problems potentially?

I shouldn't, though I guess if Officer Hard-on doesn't know what he's looking for and thinks your certified copy isn't legit because the stamp is not attached, there could be some hassle until someone could call the NFA Branch and clear things up.

AceDerringer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I actually picked up a small 3 ring binder and plastic pockets for my originals and keep them in the safe... another copy at an offsite location and another copy in a Range book that goes with me...

Top Bottom