• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have a 1956 corncob wingmaster 20ga and to say they don't make em like that anymore is a understatement. Do not do anything to that gun but shoot it. They are only original once.

My Dad has a 1956 Wingmaster 12 gauge. All we did was shoot it, a lot! Clay pigeons, varmints, now it's behind the bedroom door. Come to think of it, it was always behind the bedroom door.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    My Dad has a 1956 Wingmaster 12 gauge. All we did was shoot it, a lot! Clay pigeons, varmints, now it's behind the bedroom door. Come to think of it, it was always behind the bedroom door.
    This made me laugh a little. I would guess most of our fathers/ Grand fathers put their guns behind the door. I know my dad did and now I have to wrap his wingmaster in a sock and put it in a safe.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This made me laugh a little. I would guess most of our fathers/ Grand fathers put their guns behind the door. I know my dad did and now I have to wrap his wingmaster in a sock and put it in a safe.
    corner of the closet was also official storage.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    You could repair that buttplate chip with some black dyed acraglas and then carefully sand it back flush where it should be. Or you could measure the size of that buttplate and let me know and I'll see if that mystery Remington BP I own is an old Wingmaster plate and if it matches you can have it.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Well...INGO never ceases to amaze me :):
    Someone who wanted this shotgun more than me made an offer I couldn't refuse. So I'm glad to see the ol' wingmaster go to someone who should really appreciate it. :cool::ingo:

Riggs226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2018
    SLLERSBURG
    I love mine! I believe mine is a 68. I've always been a mossberg guy but nothing today compares to the craftsmanship of older fire arms. They are great shooters!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    There is no slicker pump shotgun than an older blued steel 870 Wingmaster. They were built to last and shoot. I’ve had mine for over 25 years and it’s still my go to shotgun for all sorts of sporting adventures. If this was my 870 I would not touch it. Wear the chip as a badge of honor.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    There is no slicker pump shotgun than an older blued steel 870 Wingmaster. They were built to last and shoot. I’ve had mine for over 25 years and it’s still my go to shotgun for all sorts of sporting adventures. If this was my 870 I would not touch it. Wear the chip as a badge of honor.

What if it's an older parkerized 870 Wingmaster?:):

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I had a guy trade in a "Model 870"...No Wingmaster tag.....Spook came in and looked at the barrel date code and the serial number and it's first year production...Someone replaced the stock with and 80's speedfeed stock and it appears that someone updated the shell carrier at some point....As far as "smooth" goes the action is like butter....

You can't beat an old 870....

Spook said if it's still here after Knob Creek he's getting her and restoring her back to her formal glory...He collects Remington and said it's the oldest he's ever seen....

Deaddogwalkin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    SE Indiana
    I am a little late to this party, but i have an older large frame 20 guage wingmaster that is beyond reasonable financial repair. I would be willing to give you any parts off of the gun that you might need. I have kept it around hoping I could find someone in need of parts. Anthony

Deaddogwalkin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    SE Indiana
    Cerberus, I received your message, but since I don't have 50 posts (not a big deal) I cannot reply to you. The old gun I have is really not for sale since I don't have anything invested in it, rather I would like to give it to someone that could use it for parts. If allowed you could message me your contact info and I can give you more details. Anthony

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Cerberus, I received your message, but since I don't have 50 posts (not a big deal) I cannot reply to you. The old gun I have is really not for sale since I don't have anything invested in it, rather I would like to give it to someone that could use it for parts. If allowed you could message me your contact info and I can give you more details. Anthony

It's not a big deal. I have a newer 20 ga that is in perfect working order. I was mostly curious about what issues it had. If given enough time I could probably get it up and running unless it's a total basket case.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    My Wingmaster is much like the one pictured but in much better condition. I bought it in March of '68 and it was manufactured in January of the same year. The main difference I see is that mine came with a recoil pad. I had a choice between the 870 for the list price of $109 and the model 12 Winchester for $104. I bit the bullet and sprang for the big bucks because there was that much difference in quality. It's even slicker now than it was then and I wouldn't even try to estimate how many thousands of rounds have been through it. BTW I was 14 at the time of purchase.

Top Bottom