• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • old man Bill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I gotta tell ya, selling my firearms has been an experience I won't forget; both sad and joyful at the same time I posted some firearms in the classifieds here and got a lot of responses all very polite and courteous. I met several men in the transfer process and best of all, I was privileged to hear their stories and they were more enjoyable than you would imagine. Yeah, I'm getting shed of most of the guns I have acquired over the last 60 years but the reminiscing with the men who received my guns has been the best part. As we get older and the light at the end of the tunnel get brighter, memories and stories of what it used to be like become a true source of enjoyment. You will get there one day, if you don't get called home first, and then you will understand. So thanks to all who have given a new home and a new life to my guns. I hope you will create new memories with them. BTW, there are a few left and I will listen to your story too.
    Bill

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I don't have NEAR the collection you had, but I can relate. My one and only hand gun was given to me as a gift. My father-in-law gave it to me when I graduated college. I value the memory of how I came to own it and the generosity involved as much as I do the gun.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I agree with you. Some of my firearms, I would never part with, because they were given to me by my Father. He is in his mid-70's and we still go shooting together. My S&W mdl 13 is an exact copy of the one he carried as a police detective in the 70's. He still has his Colt Official Police with huge wooden target grips and swivel holster. He used it when he was a motorcycle patrolman for the Dayton Police Dept. Of all the firearms he has, that is the only one that has an overriding sentimental value to me.

My wife and daughters are the same way regarding my AR-15s. They remember me teaching them how to fire and use an AR type rifle. With all this talk of bans, They are adamant that owning AR rifles is non-negotiable.

Top Bottom