• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got Verizon unlimited data, and they threw in a bundle including Hulu for free.

Started watching the Old Man. I like Jeff Bridges in just about anything, and John Lithgow plays a really good bad guy. So far episode 1 was great. Hope the rest of the show is good.
    Saw a commercial for this right after I read your post. We get FX as part of our cable package so I just set it to record all new episodes. Thanks for the heads up!

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I was curious about this, have seen the ads. Thanks for to review.

FX also is airing Under the Banner of Heaven, also very good. Kind of a dark series done by Jason Bateman and Ron Howard.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Trying to watch episode 1 now, but unless they do some scenes that aren't in total darkness, I won't continue to watch. Hearing voices on a totally black screen just isn't that entertaining. :dunno:

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Got Verizon unlimited data, and they threw in a bundle including Hulu for free.

Started watching the Old Man. I like Jeff Bridges in just about anything, and John Lithgow plays a really good bad guy. So far episode 1 was great. Hope the rest of the show is good.
    Cool, thanks for heads up. Probably watch them tonight. I got that bundle also. If you have Prime and haven't seen Outer Range with Jeff Bridges, it's a good suspenseful sci Fi drama series.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Episode 1 did get better once the plot started unfolding, but I still wish they'd have better lighting. Watching it on the tv out on the deck (backlit by the sunlight) made it hard to see what was going on much of the time.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Episode 1 did get better once the plot started unfolding, but I still wish they'd have better lighting. Watching it on the tv out on the deck (backlit by the sunlight) made it hard to see what was going on much of the time.
    I don't like watching movies that have poor lighting either. Clint Eastwood had some like that.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I tried turning up the brightness and contrast, but had no success. Maybe my remote is malfunctioning. I even changed the battery to make sure that wasn't the issue.
    You probably need a new TV. I thought the same thing with my Toshiba for a long time. Turned off countless movies and TV shows because I could see nothing but dark screen. One day it died so I grabbed a newer LG from a bedroom and what a difference. I have yet to have a movie or TV show on that I can't see what is happening.

Now if I could just decide what new TV I want........

Top Bottom