• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I’ve been collecting hot wheels for quite a few years, but have none of the ones I had when I was a kid. Ebay is your friend, though, and I’ve scored some mint condition cars from the early 70s, that I used to own. I just recently bought the pair of cars that came with the thunder shift 500 set, I still have the box and some of the track, but my original cars were long gone, so I jumped on ebay and found both the Monte Carlo and Torino! They are both in better condition than the ones I had, and I picked em both up for under $20 shipped. I recent years, I just buy as many current ones as I can, and don’t open the pack, they all go straight into large plastic totes, I’m not even sure how many I have, but it’s well into 5 figures.

Confession: Only about one third of the cars in my collection are leftovers from my childhood. I played hard, lost, traded with friends... I only have a few of the old original Matchbox car cardboard boxes.

Ebay can be great, and expensive. I bought a bunch off ebay in the 2009-2011 time frame. I wanted to get the cars I had as a kid.

I also remember we never had an allowance as kids, but every once in a while it would be "toy day" and we'd get to pick out a new toy. The Machbox cars were 4 for a dollar in the basement of this store in downtown Columbus, or upstairs in a big bin at the old Sears. I'd walk out with 4 cars or 6 cars at a time all smiles.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    v79xFQh.jpg
    One of my favorites from my childhood was the red and yellow bulldozer you have on the second shelf. It came with a green low boy trailer. I found this one at a swap meet about 15 years ago.

523C606B-349A-4608-B2C1-2779F7BEE668_zpswr2vkwap.jpg

Attachments

• 523C606B-349A-4608-B2C1-2779F7BEE668_zpswr2vkwap.jpg
      523C606B-349A-4608-B2C1-2779F7BEE668_zpswr2vkwap.jpg
      124.7 KB · Views: 2

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Great collection of Matchboxes. I remember when Hot Wheels came out and the toy car market exploded. The only downside was, getting a new Hot Wheels Track on Christmas Morning and then getting your add whipped with it later on. (That s**t wasn’t no joke)

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Great collection of Matchboxes. I remember when Hot Wheels came out and the toy car market exploded. The only downside was, getting a new Hot Wheels Track on Christmas Morning and then getting your add whipped with it later on. (That s**t wasn’t no joke)

No kidding there. I've went to school the next day with Hot Wheels track marks across my face... Wonder what the teachers would say these days about that?

Dear mom, I forgive you for the track marks, but not for voting for obama, and hillary.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I collected Hot Wheels and Marvel Comics when I was a kid. as soon as I left for college , mom gave them all away. The only thing that survived were my baseball cards.

Top Bottom