• ...and so much more!
  • Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Depends on the year and mint. A few years ago, I inherited several coins. One Indian Head Penny earned me 500 that I purchased a SA revolver for myself............:):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Depends on the year and mint. A few years ago, I inherited several coins. One Indian Head Penny earned me 500 that I purchased a SA revolver for myself............:):

1891 must have been a year that they made a lot of them or something. I am pretty sure all of mine are that date as well.

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012

This site shows the values for Indian pennies...just scroll down to the year. I have a few of these in really nice condition and was surprised at how little value they seem to have.

Value of an Indian Penny

I found a few of those, seems the common value is between $1 and $2.50, and most were in better shape than your example.
    If yours is really rare, then it could still be worth a lot. Check the coin sites... Now a 1943 COPPER or a 1983 COPPER Cent is
    a real find, those were supposed to be STEEL and Zinc, respectively. Copper examples do exist, but were "mint errors" and
    extremely rare, ergo, VALUABLE.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Feel free to remove the soil from the coin with a soft toothbrush or just an old rag.

Leave the verdegris.

Despite being in the ground for who knows how long - that's still in pretty good shape. Must've been relatively dry soil.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Feel free to remove the soil from the coin with a soft toothbrush or just an old rag.

Leave the verdegris.

Despite being in the ground for who knows how long - that's still in pretty good shape. Must've been relatively dry soil.

He didn't say anything about a river!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verdigris_River

Verdigris_River.jpg

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Heck yes, it has value. Those old cents were made from solid copper. Have you priced the value of copper lately? Seriously though, it probably isn't worth more than a few cents.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Last week I was in the post office and asked my wife for a cent. She handed me a nice 1866 Indian head cent (worth $74 according to the charts)! I asked her where she got it and she said "i got it in change at the grocery store, and the guy that handed it to me said that it looked really funny".

Top Bottom