• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Thought i would show of my BP revolver it is a brass frame (wish it were steel) 1858 Remington new army revolver. I have modified it to my liking. It has a 3 5/8" barrel, reshaped grips, and several other smaller mods. The knife in the pic is one my dad made me and i just think it goes well with the gun so i threw it in.
    102613141_zps8ec0a2ac.jpg

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    its the original front sight. when i cut the barrel i milled the top flat off of the piece i cut off and soldered it onto the barrel. I was going to use a period coin for the front sight but after a dog attack i decided to not wait to find a coin and just put the old one back on so i would have sights while i carried it.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Someday if i ever find the money to do it (money is good at hiding) i want to take a steel frame version and do the same thing but also do a .45colt conversion as well.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have thought about the conversion models as well. Very cool. They are fun to shoot. All that smoke is great. The Colt style has the best feel in the hand. I haven't shot them for a long time. I hate the cleaning process. 1858 Rem. and 1860 Colt. Both 44cal.
    0620131148a_zps6dedcd55.jpg

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I want to make a 1860 snubbie but they are just so darn pretty and ive heard that they are a lot harder to do. I have been thinking about doing a gated conversion on other guns as well. I was going to buy a 1860 but spent the money on a trip to friendship and a shotgun.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Thanks for the "nice jobs" guys im kinda proud of this one. I have OCed this one several times but usually conceal it most people think because it is black powder it is weak but the load i use for carry is about the same as a .38 +p. The knife was made for me by my dad from a rail road anchor (legally obtained) that he forged. The guard is forge welded lighting rod and the handle is walnut.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Thanks for the "nice jobs" guys im kinda proud of this one. I have OCed this one several times but usually conceal it most people think because it is black powder it is weak but the load i use for carry is about the same as a .38 +p. The knife was made for me by my dad from a rail road anchor (legally obtained) that he forged. The guard is forge welded lighting rod and the handle is walnut.

Question. Do you carry a spare loaded cylinder with you?

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I dont right now because i dont have the money to buy one but if i come up with spare money before i get my ltch i plan on carrying a reload.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    If I do carry a spare cylinder i plan on making the base pin a captured or retained pin that way if i needed to reload with adrenaline surging though my veins i wont be able to fumble and lose the pin. When you remove the loading lever the pin is no longer a captured pin and can be completely removed so i think if i modify my base pin latch i might be able to retain it during a reload.

Top Bottom