• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robertpetry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    Hello all.

I probably missed this and it was posted in 2010 but I went through 11 pages of search and didn't see it. Someone will show me up and point out a thread I'm sure.

Anyway, check out this story from ABC News "proving" that even with some training regular citizens can't effectively use a hand gun to stop an active shooter scenario.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY3WiO9s

Now I am sure it would be very difficult to do stop someone in this scenario, but this was rigged. As you can see, the shooter immediately singles out the subject of the experiment and peppers them, and them only, while 30 other people escape out the door behind them. A trained shooter targets someone and that is "proof?"

What a load of crap that is. I agree training and practice with draw, moving, aiming, etc... is all extremely important. But I think you would be better off with a gun than not.

And btw, what kind of an idiot tells the girl next to him in a college class that he "has a gun." She seems REAL impressed. lol

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Discussed to death here...

But yes, a very biased story using everything they can to get their outcome. XXXL longsleeve shirt and gloves on 115 lb kids? No wonder they couldn't get it clear of the gun.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Sometimes having a gun helps, sometimes it doesn't. Carry or don't carry as you wish, but some people just have to try to bend over backwards trying to discourage others from being armed.

I just don't understand it.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Using ABC News logic, since ALL fires can't be stopped with a fire extinguisher in the home, there's no reason to have one.

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    i missed the original discussion as well, but having seen the video, came to the same conclusions. they were obviously stacking the deck as much in their favor as possible.

i would have truly loved to have seen them place several LEOs in the exact same scenario, and measured the outcome. i doubt it would have been a whole lot different. but again, they were stacking the deck, not looking for a reasonable comparison.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I would have loved to see the student simply hand the Pistol off to anyone else in the room. The "attackers" cleat knew who had the gun and where they were sitting in advance. While they stood there with a dumb look on their face after shooting the unarmed target, the person with the gun could have shot them repeatedly.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I would have loved to see the student simply hand the Pistol off to anyone else in the room. The "attackers" cleat knew who had the gun and where they were sitting in advance. While they stood there with a dumb look on their face after shooting the unarmed target, the person with the gun could have shot them repeatedly.

Which is why guys like us will never be on a production staff for the Liberal Media...."Can't have folks using their brains when we are trying to push an agenda now can we?"

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Remember who owns ABC now and then it will makes sense.

***Hint - They've been creating "Utopias" around the world for years. ***

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Let's ignore all the problems with their experimental method for a moment (there are plenty of problems).

So they're saying that NO self-defense is as good as SOME, however remote, chance of defending yourself?

Would they talk a cancer patient out of treatment because it had a small chance of success?

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Discussed to death here...

But yes, a very biased story using everything they can to get their outcome. XXXL longsleeve shirt and gloves on 115 lb kids? No wonder they couldn't get it clear of the gun.

It looked to me like the holsters had active retention on them as well...another reason they couldn't get it out with no training with such holsters.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Always wondered how this piece related to folks who train as if their life depends upon it? Many of us do and we won't be wearing oversized shirts and gloves...

Top Bottom