• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    I have a Weedeater with a busted shaft cable that runs like a banshee but was replaced with a new Echo.

I feel like I should make something out of the old Weedeater engine or use it to power something or ?

Has anyone here done a thing like this before? Please share with us your experiences.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    :popcorn: I love this kind of stuff. I would definitely not throw it out. If you don't think of something now you will later. (Yes, you can tell from my logic that my garage is full of "projects".)

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i was kind of thinking the same thing as the bar stool go cart.

ive also been wanting a lathe for wood working. i have a couple of weed whacker engines and an electric motor lying around ive been tempted to create a lathe with... but my luck is id cut my hand off

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I have a blender made from what amounts to the same engine... Mine's commercially made (tailgator), but very cool and would be easy to rig up from your motor.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I guess I am more utilitarian, I was thinking more like a backup gas powered water pump.

never thought about that cause i could sure use a pump to get some water out of my front and back yards.... not sure id know the best way to get a pump running off of it though. *def dont have the parts laying around for that... i dont think atleast.

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    that's a lot of good responses.

i boxed the weedeater up over the winter and stuck it up in the rafters of the garage knowing that someday i would think of something to use it for.

i kinda like the water pump idea - having a small, portable means to transfer water from rain barrels, etc would be pretty handy.

the pullers are pretty awesome, too. racing, rc, planes, boats, sure... i woulda never thought of pulling them.

Top Bottom