• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    There's a name I have not seen in a while. Then again, haven't been reading many print gun magazines lately nor have I been into revolvers in a while.

elmerk-1-630x339.jpg

"Go shoot your revolver 50 times, read chapter one of Sixguns, do three shots of Bourbon then go and sin no more...." E.K.

:)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    elmerk-1-630x339.jpg

"Go shoot your revolver 50 times, read chapter one of Sixguns, do three shots of Bourbon then go and sin no more...." E.K.

:)

Elmer was the man, especially when it came to magnum power revolvers. Used to love reading reprints of some of his stuff, etc.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I would say $170. tops

I've had two in the shop and they lasted less than two weeks...Guy bought one, called me up a week later and begged for me to tell him the other one is still here..I told him it was and he hung up the phone and was at the shop within a half hour...VERY nice accurate revolvers...No less an authority than Elmer Keith said the grips and grip angle of the Sentinel revolvers was the best ever on a revolver....It's dern near perfect....

1. Oh no! Now I'm wishing perhaps I should hang onto it. :laugh:
    2. Tonight, when I try out 3 new 22 revolvers I'll see if it has the "gift" of superior accuracy; my other Hi-Standard might match it, who knows.:dunno:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I put through about 100 shells through it this evening before I turned it over right after I left the range, davedolli waiting outside in his car for it.
    I showed him a nice tight 3-4 inch group that I had put into a target (only 15' though).
    I shot it at all other distances as well: a good shooter.

I took the money straight over to my friend's house and left it on his kitchen table (as per cell conversation).
    This is now an official dead story. :laugh:

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I inherited my grandfather's Hi-Standard Longhorn Double Nine some years back. It's not worth a whole lot but it shoots well and I wouldn't sell it for anything.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I inherited my grandfather's Hi-Standard Longhorn Double Nine some years back. It's not worth a whole lot but it shoots well and I wouldn't sell it for anything.

1. History like that is important.
    2. I was a little surprised that my friend sold the Hi-Standard since it was his Dad's. I have and "nothing" knife that I kept just b/c it was his; a gun would have been prized by me.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

My JC Higgins I posted about up thread is the store brand of the Double Nine. It was my Dad's, passed to my cousin then to me. They're both gone now

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It has a good new home now. lol

Dave

1. It certainly was accurate, as per the target I showed you after coming out of the Range and you were waiting, and I'm not that good of a shot and the grouping was consistent: I felt good about it, but not enough to jump in my car and drive away! :lmfao:

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    My wife got her first dear last season with my Rossi 92 in .44 mag. I bought a .300 BLK upper for one of my ARs for her to use this deer season. We go to the range a lot.

Dave

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My wife got her first dear last season with my Rossi 92 in .44 mag. I bought a .300 BLK upper for one of my ARs for her to use this deer season. We go to the range a lot.

Dave

1. Those that hunt together: stay together! :laugh:
    2. Your "Successful Marriage" book would be a page turner! :lmfao:

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    1. History like that is important.
    2. I was a little surprised that my friend sold the Hi-Standard since it was his Dad's. I have and "nothing" knife that I kept just b/c it was his; a gun would have been prized by me.

Quite right, some guns have too many memories to sell.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    My JC Higgins I posted about up thread is the store brand of the Double Nine. It was my Dad's, passed to my cousin then to me. They're both gone now

I have my other grandfather's JC Higgins .22 semi-auto rifle, shoots well. I won't be selling that one either.

Top Bottom