• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've bought several Olights, they are decent lights, and the customer service is outstanding.

I recently had a problem with my Arkfeld it was only giving me the two lower settings of 60,and 300 lumens. It wouldn't go upto the 1000 lumens.
    I contacted Olight via online chat, and got a RMA. I had to pay for the shipping back to them.
    They got it Monday night at 1706 and tested it Tuesday. Found out that the circuit board failed, and they were sending me a new Arkfeld.
    It's shipped already. I really like this light for my EDC.
    Hopefully the circuit board failure is a rare occurrence.
    Did I get a lemon? I hope so. Olight took care of it.
    I'll report back on it once I have given this new Arkfeld some edc time. If this one fails I'll ask for store credit, or a refund.

Another light I bought was the I5r EOS copper.
    It was one of there limited editions, and on sale. I've had it for some time. It used to be my edc until I got the Arkfeld.
    This light has been through two wash cycles, and it never failed to work. It's got a few small dents in it as well from EDC.
    It's 350 lumens and very dependable, and a good carry light, as well as a backup edc if your high tech edc failed like my Arkfeld.
    If you want a tough light that works well for the money get an I5r EOS.
    This has a proprietary battery. I was going to buy another one this last sale they had, but they were sold out. I contacted Olight support via chat and they said they had a few for backup and sent me a new battery for free. Can't beat that.
    They normally are $10 + shipping and tax.

Picture of my I5r EOS
    20231027_113314.jpg

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have a few Olight products and like them all. I like this one:

It's rechargeable, tiny and one of mine has also been in the wash a couple of times.
    I've got one on all my key chains. I have 3 lol for different purposes so I'm not carrying a bunch of keys around.

I've bought several of these and have given them as gifts. Everyone likes them. Small, bright, and very handy.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I’ve got a few and haven’t had any issues. Olight gets hated on because one exploded due to faulty batteries and killed the guys who was holding it in his mouth. Then all the internet high speed operators started parroting how trash they are. They aren’t the best quality light I’ve ever owned but they have features I like.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I've been on a flashlight kick since our vacation gone wrong back in July. My wife bought me an olight baton 3 pro for our anniversary this week because she noticed my new obsession. Compared to my polytac this thing is insane. I'm probably going to pick up a couple more. I rolled my eyes when I read the manual and it said to keep it locked out when in you pocket to avoid burns. Then I lit a piece of paper on fire with it so it's staying locked out lol.

I know they catch crap but I really like this one. I wouldn't use an olight wml but the hand held lights seem pretty cool. Only down side is I can't pocket carry it at work because of the magnetic charging so it stays in the lunchbox when working.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have more than I care to admit to. I carry a Baton3 or a S1R Baton everyday. Both easily fit in my pocket and are pretty darned bright for such a small light. Plus I use them a lot out in the barn clipped to the bill of a cap as a headlamp.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have more than I care to admit to. I carry a Baton3 or a S1R Baton everyday. Both easily fit in my pocket and are pretty darned bright for such a small light. Plus I use them a lot out in the barn clipped to the bill of a cap as a headlamp.
    I'm thinking about getting a Warrior next. 1200 lumens. It's small enough for EDC as well.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm thinking about getting a Warrior next. 1200 lumens. It's small enough for EDC as well.

The Baton 3 is 1200 too, but no tail switch. Dang you. Now I have another light on my mind.

They make some great EDC lights.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The Baton 3 is 1200 too, but no tail switch. Dang you. Now I have another light on my mind.

They make some great EDC lights.
    I like the tail switch after having the Arkfeld and the I5r EOS. I prefer the tail switch.
    The warrior might be okay though.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I like the tail switch after having the Arkfeld and the I5r EOS. I prefer the tail switch.
    The warrior might be okay though.
    I like it too. Most of my other lights have one. The two I usually have in my pocket do not. I don't miss it much, but those lights are generally used in ways that it doesn't really matter.

The other handy feature is the magnetic tail. The light often gets put onto something steel to shine the light on something I am doing.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I like it too. Most of my other lights have one. The two I usually have in my pocket do not. I don't miss it much, but those lights are generally used in ways that it doesn't really matter.

The other handy feature is the magnetic tail. The light often gets put onto something steel to shine the light on something I am doing.
    Yep that was what i was thinking. Working under the hood in the woods it would come in real handy.
    A lot if places it would work like metal outbuildings etc.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I really wish they'd make the magnetic tailcap optional.

Working with a file or around a grinder for a bit, and I am absolutely stumped at how to get all of the metal dust out from around the tail switch.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I really wish they'd make the magnetic tailcap optional.

Working with a file or around a grinder for a bit, and I am absolutely stumped at how to get all of the metal dust out from around the tail switch.
    Gorilla tape. Dab it with the sticky stuff. Thats how I clean magnets off.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I'm a HUUUUGE fan of the Prerun mini. Own several.

I also own a recalled torch of theirs. LOVE IT. I will NOT send it back. Its carried in the belt holster, so no chance of activating in my pocket burning me, so there is no reason to return it.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I own several Olights. Love my Warrior 3. I just recently purchased a PL Turbo Tactile wml. With 66k candela it's insane. I've seen a couple of reviews from Werz Holsters and others. Olight seems to hold its own IMO. Especially for the price. I can buy 3 PL Turbos for the price of one Surefire. To each their own though.

Direct comparison to Surefire:
    Olight PL Turbo vs Surefire X300

Check out this showdown:
    Deathmatch

Sootch

triggerhammer

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2023
    Michigan City
    I've been carrying an OLIGHT Warrior Mini 2 for a couple years now. Easily fits in the palm of the hand, with 1700 lumens strobe output. Super convenient. Configured so that strobe is activated via tail button.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Just acquired an Arkfeld (EDC) and a couple of Warrior Mini 3s (one in each vehicle).

These get plenty bright for my intended usage. May consider something with a bit more output for the house and BOB.

Love the magnetic recharging cable: Makes them truly "grab and go" without worrying about breaking off a USB/other charging tip!

Amazon has some great Black Friday sales for Olight.
    Would buy these again without hesitation.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I've got tons of Olights of every kind but the one I use every day(night)is a Warrior3. I have it set on moonlight which is something like 5lm and I turn it on every night at dark and leave it shining up onto the ceiling in my bedroom so that if/when I get up at night I'm not stepping on cats. Turn it off when I get up in the morning so averaging about ten hrs per night. I have to charge the dang thing every 4-5mos so I have two of them to cycle.

Every keychain has one of the mini usbC rechargeables and I have another dozen of them scattered around the house hanging from lanyards so you're never more than a few feet from a light. And every pistol with a rail has an Olight.

Top Bottom