• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just acquired an Arkfeld (EDC) and a couple of Warrior Mini 3s (one in each vehicle).

These get plenty bright for my intended usage. May consider something with a bit more output for the house and BOB.

Love the magnetic recharging cable: Makes them truly "grab and go" without worrying about breaking off a USB/other charging tip!

Amazon has some great Black Friday sales for Olight.
    Would buy these again without hesitation.
    for a BOB or other emergency type pack make sure you take into consideration your ability to recharge it. Maybe grab an olight that runs on the equivalent of 1 or 2 CR123s. My fave is the Perun 2 mini. It runs native on a 16340, but can be swapped to a 123 in a pinch.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    for a BOB or other emergency type pack make sure you take into consideration your ability to recharge it. Maybe grab an olight that runs on the equivalent of 1 or 2 CR123s. My fave is the Perun 2 mini. It runs native on a 16340, but can be swapped to a 123 in a pinch.
    Great advice. Thank you!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Great advice. Thank you!
    Any time.

And try to standardize on a battery type for the rest of your electron powered gear. I chose AAs. Finding a headlamp for my go bags was mildly challenging because most out there are multiple AAAs.

Extra bright is great... until you just cant plug into the wall or buy more batteries on a whim. Lots of lumens requires lots of power. I have my Perun or Warrior. But that is not my primary BOB light. For that I rely on relatively low lumen long run light(s).

And I guess if you wanna get extra paranoid you could also add some AAA to AA adapter sleeves for pickup abilities. I havent gone that far, but the thought just crossed my mind as I was typing this out.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i just picked up one of these....i wear bibs and it is great for clipping on your front pocket lets you see right in front of you......btw i have Baton's 1 2 and 3's.....everyone that works for me gets one plus a have gave them as gifts.....

great lights

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Question.
    Would a portable solar panel like you use to charge cellphones while camping/hunting charge an olight? I'm not real familiar with solar charging, but if it's a high quality panel and had the capability of charging a light/cellphone etc, it might be worth having.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Question.
    Would a portable solar panel like you use to charge cellphones while camping/hunting charge an olight? I'm not real familiar with solar charging, but if it's a high quality panel and had the capability of charging a light/cellphone etc, it might be worth having.
    Probably. Im shopping around for a solar pack charger myself. Or a solar generator. (though the likes of Jackery and other big names have ticked me off this weekend by discounting their top end chargers 50%, proving they are screwing customers on at least the high end solar generator units. Units I saw 2 weeks ago for $4,000 discounted to $2,000. I wondered how that retail cost scaled reasonably... turns out it really doesnt. /rant)

Worst case one of these style self charging battery banks would DEFINITELY charge it, though second hand. (good luck finding one that isnt cheap Chinesium that dies in the field)

And the great thing about these is you leave it out in the sun all day while you do your thing, then charge your stuff later. or while its charging the batteries.
    1701064046564.png

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Probably. Im shopping around for a solar pack charger myself. Or a solar generator. (though the likes of Jackery and other big names have ticked me off this weekend by discounting their top end chargers 50%, proving they are screwing customers on at least the high end solar generator units. Units I saw 2 weeks ago for $4,000 discounted to $2,000. I wondered how that retail cost scaled reasonably... turns out it really doesnt. /rant)

Worst case one of these style self charging battery banks would DEFINITELY charge it, though second hand. (good luck finding one that isnt cheap Chinesium that dies in the field)

And the great thing about these is you leave it out in the sun all day while you do your thing, then charge your stuff later. or while its charging the batteries.
    View attachment 314799
    I've seen guys use some foldup kind of pannel they shove in their backpack. It's about 24" wide x 24" long unfolded. It charges cellphones easy enough, but take awhile.

I like the battery pack solar system better. Like you said it can charge through the day and you can charge your light etc at night.

Need to try and find an American made or equivalent made device. That might be the problem as you say.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    @Cameramonkey

SunJack 25 Watt Foldable IP67 Waterproof ETFE Monocrystalline Solar Panel + 2X 10000mAh Power Banks with USB-A and USB-C for Cell Phones, Tablets and Portable for Backpacking, Camping, Hiking https://a.co/d/c3D4Kuj

1701065817760.png

Check that out. That is what I was talking about. Not sure this is the exact one that was used but its similar.

You could use it to charge battery bank if all else fails.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    OLIGHT Baton4 Rechargeable EDC Flashlight, LED Pocket Flashlight 1300 Lumens with Magnetic Charging Cable, Small Powerful Bright Flashlight IPX8 Waterproof for Home, Camping, and Emergencies (Black) https://a.co/d/aQoX1TX

On sale today $52 cheaper than olight store.

1711116669245.png

Top Bottom