• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh, the words are there, it’s no denying it! Kill the infidels! It’s all there. Not arguing that, just stating that some will drive right by that without looking just like some Christians do OT law.
    Of course when there is a massive enough population in one area to win a big election it would be easy to turn them all towards a similar direction, creating a mob-think mentality, or at least the image of such.

I hope you're not leaning toward the trope that we [allow me the liberty of using that term] are just as guilty as they are, because bad deeds in the past can be attributed to people claiming allegiance to superficially similar ideas and whose decisions and actions we cannot now affect did something considered reprehensible by modern standards.

The 'by modern standards' is the important concept. If you are judging us by modern standards rather than, say, 12th century standards; then you must judge them so as well. Although we had a near 7 century headstart on civilizing our religion, we will not be giving them until 2648 to get their act together - modern standards will not allow it

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Fun(?) fact: there's ~800,000 words in the Bible, ~158,000 in the Quran. (English translations, of course)

Oh, and I certainly don't accept the claim that you can't read an English translation of the Quran. The's BS gatekeeping just like the KJV-only crowd of Christianity.

I really don't have time to be reading the Quran today...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not "cherry picking" sir. When I have more time, I will post/quote actual verses..... that state, basically, death to all whom don't believe in and follow Islam.

One example, for now..... Quran 4:89 "But if they turn renegade (against Islam) seize them and slay them wherever ye find them."
    Let's look at some verses right around that, shall we?
    When you are greeted with a greeting, respond with a better greeting, or return it. God keeps count of everything.
    If they withdraw from you, and do not fight you, and offer you peace, then God assigns no excuse for you against them.

If you fear you cannot act fairly towards the orphans—then marry the women you like—two, or three, or four.
    :naughty:
    But whenever they are tempted into civil discord, they plunge into it. So if they do not withdraw from you, nor offer you peace, nor restrain their hands, seize them and execute them wherever you find them
    That last one kind of sounds like every other civilization, past and present.

Good golly, this book is drier than the Book of Mormon! (Note, I've only browsed up through chapter 8) It's just a bunch of rules. You want into heaven? Do this. Don't do that. Be good to other believers. Don't be nice to non-believers. There's definitely a "hate your enemy vibe". I'd say this is contrary to Christianity's "love your enemy" vibe.* I mean, with Christianity, there's always the promise of redemption no matter how sinful someone is. Islam is riddled with, "No coming back from that sin, to Hell you go."

On a cursory glance, no, the radicals are definitely not living up to the compassion standards set in the Quran.

* Unless it's Satan, the true enemy.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Oh - what about an INGO Quran book club thread?

giphy.gif

Uh, on second thought...

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Uh, wait, what?

See above. Reading =/= understanding. Plenty of folks have read the Bible and come away with a sense that God is a capricious and bloodthirsty.

You're bragging about reading 14 verses?! You pulled out the old, "Have you read it?" attack and you couldn't even come close to touching the bar?!
    :rofl:

You need to learn to read better. I said "I have read at least 14 verses ​that say murder or behead non-believers. NOT 14 verses total. DUH!!!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have never read 1 verse in the Koran, other than something someone posted here.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    No, not cherry picking. To assume you know how 1.5 billion people think is ignorant and prejudice.

It's their holy book, that they supposedly LIVE BY. Do you know any other religion, group, cult, whatever that kneels down and prays 6 times a day, every day. If you are Muslim..... you ARE expected to know and follow the Quran adamently.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You need to learn to read better. I said "I have read at least 14 verses ​that say murder or behead non-believers. NOT 14 verses total. DUH!!!

Perhaps you need to use commas better. (and apostrophes)
    I HAVE read the Holy Bible in it's entirety. And conversely, I have read 14 verses in the Quran, that explicitly call for murdering and beheading 'non-believers' of Islam. That's just so far...... there may be many more such verses.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have never read 1 verse in the Koran, other than something someone posted here.

Perhaps you should.

If for no other reason than to understand their culture, background, upbringing, etc.

Why have I read the Book of Mormon? So when they come a knockin' I can better relate, and hopefully better share the love of Jesus, and point out the folly of their religion.

If I read the Quran, then I can (hopefully) say, "look, here in the Quran is where you are in an endless game of constantly trying to rack up more points with God. You religion is one of works. But, Christ did the work so you don't have to."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's their holy book, that they supposedly LIVE BY. Do you know any other religion, group, cult, whatever that kneels down and prays 6 times a day, every day. If you are Muslim..... you ARE expected to know and follow the Quran adamently.
    And Jews are suppose to follow the Torah and Bible. That's certainly not the case with all of them.
    All Christians are expected to know and follow the Bible adamantly - Joel Osteen's followers proves that's not the case.

Wait, what's wrong with kneeling a praying six times a day? You said it like that's a bad thing.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Perhaps you should.

If for no other reason than to understand their culture, background, upbringing, etc.

Why have I read the Book of Mormon? So when they come a knockin' I can better relate, and hopefully better share the love of Jesus, and point out the folly of their religion.

If I read the Quran, then I can (hopefully) say, "look, here in the Quran is where you are in an endless game of constantly trying to rack up more points with God. You religion is one of works. But, Christ did the work so you don't have to."

Then I guess the important question should be, can you proselytize effectively from within condition orange

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Then I guess the important question should be, can you proselytize effectively from within condition orange
    :):
    Yeah, I get that... any missionary in the Middle East have my respect ... and I think they're nuts.

So, one good thing about Muslim immigration is that it's much easier to proselytize with home field advantage. I'm just sayin'...

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    No. Just no! You READ IT that way.

My point was, they fervently do as the Quran tells them to do. Never said there was anything WRONG about it.

How is it possible that Muslims, radical or otherwise, can fervently do as the Qu'ran tells them to, when (depending on the study you cite) 30-50% of the Islamic world is illiterate? What Qu'ran are they reading if they can't read?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How is it possible that Muslims, radical or otherwise, can fervently do as the Qu'ran tells them to, when (depending on the study you cite) 30-50% of the Islamic world is illiterate? What Qu'ran are they reading if they can't read?

Oh come on man.......The Imams tell them what to do. Makes it so much easier.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS

Maybe there Imam reads it to them, IDK. What I do know ​is, I give up on you people. Ya'll are acting stupid the last couple days.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I do not need to know anything beside the fact that they are wrong.

Their actions tell me everything I need to know.

Top Bottom