• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    You know that clueless guy in front of you at airport security who sets off all the alarms and holds up the line? I was that guy Saturday. We were pleasantly surprised when told we wouldn't have to remove our shoes, open our bags or show our liquids or laptops. As I headed from the carry on security line to the scanner line I remembered I hadn't remove that neat credit card knife from my wallet. Well if I mention it, they'll just take it. Let's see if they find it. I continued to the whole body scanner and the alarms went off. Nothing in my pockets. I was wearing a silver bracelet which I use to remove but was told not to bother. My clogs had buckles, but that wasn't it. I was sent to the x-ray and they found hotspots in my head and upper torso. (flak from WW2?). They gave up and let me go.The TSA guy at the other line held up my wallet and asked me if it was mine. Busted. I told him I was impressed with the system. We chatted a bit and I left. W/o my CC knife. Meanwhile, my family, somewhat embarrassed, had moved on. I gathered my carrion and found them sitting in a restaurant nearby. I sat down and after ordering, realized, in the confusion, I'd left a behind a shoulder bag. After some mild wifey comments about my deteriorating brain, I headed back to security. When they saw me from afar they said "are these yours?" "Addidas bag" I countered?" "Yes, and what about this coat?" It was a woman's coat looking very much like my wife's. I started to chuckle, blessing the startled TSA pair. Thank you TSA, you've made my day. The sting? That's for another time......

p.s. I've noticed recently, they will let you leave your shoes on and not ask you to open your bags or laptop case. Out of the last 3 flights, this has happened twice. Here's the scam. The TSA has noticed a drop off of contraband due to its strict policies. To encourage you to bring more goodies, they give you a pass on some days. Is this your lucky day?

Last edited:

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    When I was a kid, long before the TSA, I would love going thru security. I would stash nuts, bolts, chain links, anything I could find, in all my pockets and shoes, just to see how long I could keep setting off the metal detector.

Then one time, my sister and I was watching the X-ray screen from behind the plexy glass and saw a dark star in a brief case. Looked like one of those throwing stars. They pulled the guy aside and searched him up and down. Found nothing, got nasty with him, then on the second search, pulled a wallet out of the brief case and opened it up to find a badge. US marshal I think. It was not a good day for the security guys.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Yeah but they're comfortable as hell and slip off ez for airport security. Besides, ya never know when a flash mob clog dance is gonna break out at the airport.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    My clogs had buckles...

i-feel-pretty-funny-motivational-poster.jpg

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    OK, after showing these responses to my fabulous wife, she asked if I'd mentioned I now have a ponytail. Not much hair, but a ponytail. I now have a ponytail.

ponytail_zps9d5a3ea8.jpg

And now you know.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    My wife and I are flying next week. She's pregnant. She's wondering if their scanners will show the baby. And if so, how she can be able to see it?

Also , a few years ago we were flying, family vacation. We missed our flight cause her brother got caught with a bottle of "something" in his bag. They stopped him and questioned. After his answer they took it to another room to search. He eventually got his bag back. But not his "magic potion". Who knew you couldn't bring that on the plane? Oh yeah, he's 32.

Jason

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    OK, after showing these responses to my fabulous wife, she asked if I'd mentioned I now have a ponytail. Not much hair, but a ponytail. I now have a ponytail.

And now you know.

My dad turned 70 last month.

HE has a ponytail.

It's awful. Simply awful.

He somehow decided about 15 years ago that he was going to live out some kind of rebellion against his "strict" (meaning normal for the period) upbringing and grow it out.

Have I mentioned that it's awful? Just a few wisps of hair on top and sides...and that danged pony tail in the back. Terrible.

To top it off...It's light red. It keeps getting lighter as he ages as his hair changes color.

And he has a little mustache.

*facepalm*

His wife and I tried to get the nurses and doctors to "accidentally" cut the ponytail off when he had both his kidney transplant and his hip replacement. They wouldn't do it. :(

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Sorry for your pain. My wife encouraged it. My daughters' think it's weird. I'm 71. I don't care. I get to put it thru the hole in my cap. Almost makes me ferget my follicaly (follically? folically? folicaly?) challenged crown. Some spellcheckers are just implacable.

Last edited:

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I just have to wonder--do you think they'd find it if you put your credit card knife thingie inside your laptop? Not that I'm flying anywhere anytime soon to try it, but I'm honestly curious if it'd even show up.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My dad turned 70 last month.

HE has a ponytail.

It's awful. Simply awful.

He somehow decided about 15 years ago that he was going to live out some kind of rebellion against his "strict" (meaning normal for the period) upbringing and grow it out.

Have I mentioned that it's awful? Just a few wisps of hair on top and sides...and that danged pony tail in the back. Terrible.

To top it off...It's light red. It keeps getting lighter as he ages as his hair changes color.

And he has a little mustache.

*facepalm*

His wife and I tried to get the nurses and doctors to "accidentally" cut the ponytail off when he had both his kidney transplant and his hip replacement. They wouldn't do it. :(

I got a kick out of that! Reminds me of when my daughter said she was going to grow her hair out for "Locks of Love" in memory of my wife(her step mom). I said I'll do it too. My hair grows fast, about twice as fast as hers. It drove her nuts! I ended up with 13 1/2 inches to donate. She wanted to cut it off so bad.

Top Bottom