• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Oh, I've been that guy before... I only fly like once every 5-7 years. I think they look for rookie fliers to torment.
    I also found they don't have much of a sense of humor either... I won't bore you with all the details of my little incident down in South Texas...
    Just be forewarned that they don't like comments about their inability to speak English when they ask if you are an American citizen.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A couple of years ago, I flew down to Ft. Meyers. Made it through Indy OK, but on the way back after X-Raying my carry-on's, they pulled me off to the side and asked to check my laptop bag. I said sure. They fumbled with it for a few minutes, then finally turned it upside down and started shaking it. Out fell 3 rounds of 7.62! :ugh: Had no clue they were in there, and I thought I was going to jail. Luckily, I was just detained and questioned for a few minutes and actually made the flight (w/o ammo of course). Had to drink a few beers at the Airport Bar to calm my nerves. Not sure if I'm on a watch list or not.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have not had the beepers go off in a while. For jobs where I needed Steel toe/steel shank work shoes, I would wear them rather than pack them. About 1/2 of the airport metal detectors would pick them up, at least some of the time. I did bring a pocket knife too far into the Reno airport once and they had envelopes that you could self address. You put your knife and $10 into the envelope and they mail it back to your house. I didn't want to loose the knife so I gambled the $10. About 2 months later, the knife showed up. I don't know if all airports do that, but it may be worth asking if they want to take your stuff.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    How to spot "that guy"

He's the one wearing clogs.....with buckles.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. We had a machine tool tech from Germany show up for warranty repair on an E-Mag CNC machining center. He was wearing steel toe clogs with buckles. The safety man had a fit but they couldn't find anything against it in the policy manual so they let him work in them.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    So you knowingly tried to get a knife past airport security?

then admitted to the TSA "nice job"

#unreal

Top Bottom