On our way to being recognized by almost all states!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Just what we need... another law. :rolleyes:

While the tangible outcome of this bill passing may be seen as a positive benefit to gun carriers, it is merely a nice symptom of the incorrect treatment of the actual problem.

The bill would do more to feed and solidify the underlying problem than cure it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Just what we need... another law. :rolleyes:

While the tangible outcome of this bill passing may be seen as a positive benefit to gun carriers, it is merely a nice symptom of the incorrect treatment of the actual problem.

The bill would do more to feed and solidify the underlying problem than cure it.

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this way as well... :popcorn:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, another law. Did the Civil Rights Act of 1866 suddenly make it rainbows and kittens for African Americans? Did Mississippi suddenly snap to and declare "I say, I say, what were we all thinking" and respect the rights of African Americans?

Or were there just a few more laws involved?:D

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Given the amendments that have been attached, I'm not going to be disappointed if this does fail. The bills enemies managed to attach a load of crap to it that makes it useless. Kill it, and try again sometime in the future and keep the enemy away from it.

(Scroll down to get a look at the horrid amendments).

H.R. 822: National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011 - Legislative Digest - GOP.gov
    After reviewing the amendments, this definitely is not a bill that we want passed. It would do way more harm than good.
    We should write our congressmen and tell them as gun owners we do not want this passed.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I have already written Dick Lugar urging his support of this legislation in the Senate & suggesting my support of his re-election will hinge upon his support of PRO 2A legislation.

We ALL need to write him so he knows there are we CARE what he does in his representation of us.

His re-election may be vulnerable enough for him to listen.

I emailed him. I might have mentioned I had 18,000 friends waiting to see his action on this issue.

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    The amendments killed any usefulness of this bill. I am surprised that some of the wrose ones came from what are thought to be pro 2A states:dunno:

Trpanther

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Correct me if I am wrong but according to the site set up by congress 104 to keep track of what bills are being voted on and who is voting ect.. only one of the amendments passed, the rest failed to pass. http://thomas.loc.gov/home/thomas.php search by bill number HR 822 then look at the amendments.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There are some shady amendment in H.R. 822

The amendments killed any usefulness of this bill. I am surprised that some of the wrose ones came from what are thought to be pro 2A states

O.K., where are you guys getting this nonsense. Angel? Red State? GOA? Where?

Just because an amendment is proposed DOES NOT MEAN it passed.

Concern is useful. Misinformation is not.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Looks like all amendments failed with the exception of#9

See post 13 of this thread. Only #10 passed. That was the one calling for a study of the ability of LEAs to verify the validity of out of state permits and licenses.

Had the others passed, I'd agree that the bill would need to be stopped, but they did not. This bill still has problems, but the other one (that GOA supports) does not have the momentum yet. I'd prefer to see it pass, since it doesn't rely on the Commerce clause, among other reasons, but I'm not willing to lay the ultimatum of "All or None!" and get the latter.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Given that your post was apparently a complete uninformed sloppy reporting of the facts that misrepresented the outcome can we expect three or four more keystrokes from you in the future to verify stuff before you post? Grandmaster my ass !

Point one: Keep it on topic. That means addressing the points of discussion, not the person.

Point two: "Grandmaster" is a field filled in by the forum, similar to your "Plinker". It just references how many posts he's made, total. You can pay to be a site supporter and change that if you want to as well. Someone could easily point fingers at your lack of knowledge on that point and make fun. Please note that I'm not doing so. You are a relatively new member and might not have noticed it yet is all, just as I pointed out to him that not all of the amendments passed. This board is about discussion and in a way, about education, something we can all use.

Bottom line: Be nice. When in doubt, see the site rules, linked from my signature.

Blessings,
    Bill

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    noah.richey
    Top Bottom