• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    Went to Beech Grove Firearms range to day with my daughter and 2 friends of hers. She has in the past fired my Smith&Wesson 21a .22LR and my Glock 22 .40cal. She did wonderful on both these. Remember the basics I taught her with snap caps in the basement. Now this is the second trip to the range today and she did GREAT once again. Today she added 3 more guns/rifles to her list. She fired a CZ P-07 9mm, a BushMaster M4 .223, and a Mosen. She is hooked now and wants me to buy more guns. I do not think her mother will allow any new guns in the house. Therefore I will buy it and store it in the F-150.

With her passion I am going to purchase a .22LR on a M4 platform and goto an Appleseed event this year. I love the fact we can share this together and are fixing some of the broken bonds that have been damaged over the years.

I am one Lucky Father and would not trade anything for this feeling.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Range time with your daughter ... PRICELESS!

Went out for a few rounds with my son-in-law yeasterday and my daughter joined us. First time to a range. First time holding a firearm. (Mother was not very supportive of firearms when she was young.) First time firing a gun ... 22LR and our 9mm's. Was glad she took the step to get little more familar with firearms. SIL wants her to be comfortable with a handgun for home protection reasons.

Shots fired...

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I'm planning to take my daughter, and my wife if she will go, out to the family farm and get them familiar with my 9mm so that they will be comfortable with it should they ever have a need when I'm not around. I've heard too many stories of younger women being watched getting off the bus or homes being entered and I want them to feel that they have enough knowledge in using a firearm to do their best in protecting themselves. Hopefully it will never come to be, but hope won't prevent it from happening like seeing that a woman isn't afraid to protect herself will.

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    Shots Fired you are so correct and with the current state of the union more and more people are looking for the easy Buck. My wife understands the need for firearms but she will not carry one. I have trained and educated her as much as I can how to use, load, reload, fire from several positions. I now am loving the fact that my daughter is becoming more interested and showing me she has the drive to learn more. Her birthday is next month and I am looking as we type this for a 9mm for her 21st birthday present.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Good Job! I'm working the reverse direction (wife carries, daughter is coming around, finally). The current atmosphere, patience, and more maturity are getting her head out of the sand. ... The current atmosphere is working against itself for me. :) ...

Tip: Let the daughter's passion - push the wife. well - a thought anyway. Ladies shooting session = good idea

Good luck.

cwilly66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    That's fantastic!! I have a gun/bow range near my house, which I plan to join with my 13 year old daughter - as soon as she gets the cast off of her ankle. She received her first (and only, at this point) firearm - Mossberg 702 Plinkster - 2 christmases ago. We went shooting a few times during the warm months last year. She did very well and is anxious to get back to it.

Thanks for sharing!!

fdbc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Westfield
    My wife and my daughter both enjoy going to the range. We use the range as family time, we have even taken my mother a couple of times. My daughter is really getting into it. Wife and I bought each other matching 9mm's for Valentines day.

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Went to Beech Grove Firearms range to day with my daughter and 2 friends of hers. She has in the past fired my Smith&Wesson 21a .22LR and my Glock 22 .40cal. She did wonderful on both these. Remember the basics I taught her with snap caps in the basement. Now this is the second trip to the range today and she did GREAT once again. Today she added 3 more guns/rifles to her list. She fired a CZ P-07 9mm, a BushMaster M4 .223, and a Mosen. She is hooked now and wants me to buy more guns. I do not think her mother will allow any new guns in the house. Therefore I will buy it and store it in the F-150.

With her passion I am going to purchase a .22LR on a M4 platform and goto an Appleseed event this year. I love the fact we can share this together and are fixing some of the broken bonds that have been damaged over the years.

I am one Lucky Father and would not trade anything for this feeling.

Nothing replaces quality and quantity time! Good for you!!! :yesway:

billyramair

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Columbus area
    Teach them young and teach them often, the most dangerous person around a firearm is a child who has never seen one, held one, or been shown what it can do if improperly handled. It is a great confidence builder and a great time to bond, by teaching your children how to shoot and hunt

thabombsquad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Logansport
    I cant wait till my daughter is old enough to take to the range! She is only 10 months old, so I have a while! But she does already have a brand new pink crickket waiting on her when she gets of age! What a great way to spend time with your daughter!

Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    Both my wife and 12 year old daughter love to shoot. I have no problem getting them to go to the range with me. This Spring my daughter get to shoot some pistols. She's already proficient with the rifles. My wife doesn't yet carry, but is considering getting her LTCH.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Met your daughter and she is very cool. Very much into guns and knives. I really enjoyed talking with her. I think it is very cool she likes to shoot. Keep up the good work.

Top Bottom