• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler318

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Washington
    I was just curious is the 223 brass dried up everywhere?Every place online I saw was out of stock.I guess everyone is buying this up like everything else because of corona.Glad I still have a good bit left.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    That's the bad thing about having popular calibers. No brass, and no ammo. You go to your LGS and the less popular caliber are still plentiful. Maybe it's time to pick one or two of them just to keep around for events like this.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I was able to get a load of brass a couple of weeks ago. Luckily it had a lot off 556/223 in it. My buddy at Freedom Reloads and Arms was selling it faster than I could get it to him. That's why I never had any posted here for sale.

tyler318

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Washington
    That's the bad thing about having popular calibers. No brass, and no ammo. You go to your LGS and the less popular caliber are still plentiful. Maybe it's time to pick one or two of them just to keep around for events like this.

Yeah guess I need too stockpile it when it becomes plentiful again

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Yeah guess I need too stockpile it when it becomes plentiful again

that's the way to do it! buy it (collect it) cheap and stack it deep. it never 'goes bad' in normal storage...if you're burying it in the back yard, just put it in ziplocks :D

i think it takes one really good 'crisis' for reloaders to get the 'hoarder' bug for brass/powder/primers/projectiles. i started shooting as a civilian when i got home from MOS school from the Marine Corps...THEN Sandy Hook happened. I got 'into' reloading a year or so later, but it took me a few years to get up and running with it. Just kept collecting components when possible until the day came that I could 'actually' reload.

i had a really good stash of everything i needed last year before i left massachusetts to come here, but got rid of a lot of my common brass so i didn't have to travel with it. big mistake.

i have enough to get me through the shooting season i think, but if Mr. Trump doesn't get elected this November, I don't see the market calming down for a LOOONG time...that means EVERYONE's gonna be keeping their brass, because people that DON'T reload/cast, won't be shooting much at all, and will instead be sitting on their factory ammo 'just in case'.

Top Bottom