• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    I think it'll wear off. no telling weather or not itll be in one month or twelve, but i think you will be able to get one at a reasonable price int eh next 18 months.

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    Well, I hope it is before I move to IN. Waiting now to close on a house in Madison. Getting off the subject of guns, I have found the people I have met to be the most cordial and generous of their friendship. Sorry, I got off subject.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    will the price come down?

yes.

will it come down quickly?

No.

Someone who paid $1000 for a $600 AR is going to have a hard pill to swallow when the prices come down, BUT all these people paying $1000 for a $600 AR are also inflating their overall value.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    This is just getting started. It's along way from over. You could have bought before the shooting at last years pricing, or the current "inflated" prices. When the potential ban gets introduced, this weeks prices will seem cheap by comparison. All those "idiots" that bought at outrageous prices of the past couple weeks might be the smartest people you know.

Lets just suppose for a minute that the republicans cave in (that's never happened), and Feinstein gets her wish. Then what? Prices won't be coming down as quick as most think.
    Just a thought.

Cassada

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    The smoke will clear, it always does. In the mean time take advantage and get that lever or shotgun youve wanted.

JAH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Fortunately (or unfortunately) I already have a complete lower just waiting on a little funding to buy the upper i need. Want a flattop 20 inch bull barrel varmint type.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    There will be no ban. Everyone needs to educate themselves regarding the way Congress works and how it relates to the '94 ban. Back then, the libs gained control of BOTH chambers of Congress. With Slick in the WH, they had a path to introduce such a ban.

That path does not exist in 2013. We control the House. As long as that is true, there is NO POSSIBILITY of a ban passing Congress. Barack Hussein does not have the authority to introduce a ban by executive order. Any such order could and would be ignored.

To ANYONE contemplating the purchase of an assault rifle.....WAIT! By April, prices will be back to about where they were before December 14th. Again, with 100% certainty....there will be no ban!

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    There will be no ban. Everyone needs to educate themselves regarding the way Congress works and how it relates to the '94 ban. Back then, the libs gained control of BOTH chambers of Congress. With Slick in the WH, they had a path to introduce such a ban.

That path does not exist in 2013. We control the House. As long as that is true, there is NO POSSIBILITY of a ban passing Congress. Barack Hussein does not have the authority to introduce a ban by executive order. Any such order could and would be ignored.

To ANYONE contemplating the purchase of an assault rifle.....WAIT! By April, prices will be back to about where they were before December 14th. Again, with 100% certainty....there will be no ban!

:yesway:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Once the manufactures get caught back up to the demand (that will slow down), it might swing to a lower than December pricing. All these lowers and lpk will not be as hot as they are now.
    They don't take up room to store them, but if suppliers have too much invested in them, they have to go. Kind of like a surplus type price. I hope.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

I think your wrong, but I PRAY your right!

Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    once the bubble breaks

I think once the fear subsides you should be able to get an AR for a good price. I hope there is a jump in manufacturing to meet the demand. This will likely mean that in a few months we will see a large supply on the market looking for buyers. Can you imagine going to a show this spring with a large supply of ARs and the dealer discounting them because of so many on hand. I don't think this is an unlikely possibility.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    The first thing that needs to happen is the bill that Dianne Feistein is going to push must be stopped. If she can get that through as she has it written it really won't matter. Another thing Obama can issue a Executive Order and do what he wants. The thing I see if you are a company that makes arms that might be included do you call in your staff and go full speed ahead with the chance you may get stuck with everything that did not sell. Or do you "put everything on hold " and wait to see what happens. Either way the supply chain has been broken and it will take some time to get it back to normal again. It is not just AR's it is the whole gun and ammo market that has been hit. Look at lead time on AR's those that hold the product will control the market for awhile I am afraid.
    My :twocents:

kbailey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette
    The first thing that needs to happen is the bill that Dianne Feistein is going to push must be stopped. If she can get that through as she has it written it really won't matter. Another thing Obama can issue a Executive Order and do what he wants. The thing I see if you are a company that makes arms that might be included do you call in your staff and go full speed ahead with the chance you may get stuck with everything that did not sell. Or do you "put everything on hold " and wait to see what happens. Either way the supply chain has been broken and it will take some time to get it back to normal again. It is not just AR's it is the whole gun and ammo market that has been hit. Look at lead time on AR's those that hold the product will control the market for awhile I am afraid.
    My :twocents:

Executive Orders don't work that way and no he can't.

If you want an AR right now and are willing to assemble it yourself the only pieces that are truly hard to find are bolt carrier groups and lower parts kits ... and you can still get those if you are willing to piece them together from multiple sources or pay the ridiculous prices on gun broker.

I would suggest signing up for email notification on parts you are looking for ... or look at companies like windham weaponry that have barrels and complete uppers in stock at pre-panic prices.

*I forgot that lowers may potentially be hard to come by as well but I would suggest talking with some of the site partners to see if they have any or what their eta on restocking is.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    Executive Orders don't work that way and no he can't.

If you want an AR right now and are willing to assemble it yourself the only pieces that are truly hard to find are bolt carrier groups and lower parts kits ... and you can still get those if you are willing to piece them together from multiple sources or pay the ridiculous prices on gun broker.

I would suggest signing up for email notification on parts you are looking for ... or look at companies like windham weaponry that have barrels and complete uppers in stock at pre-panic prices.

*I forgot that lowers may potentially be hard to come by as well but I would suggest talking with some of the site partners to see if they have any or what their eta on restocking is.

As I understand it he can by The National State of emergency act or War and Emergency Powers act of 1933 State of national emergency - SourceWatch

Hope I'm wrong.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

You know, I'm also wondering about another aspect of all of this hysteria as well.

How many Franken AR's do you think are going to be out there that were haphazardly put together that won't run?

kbailey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette
    You know, I'm also wondering about another aspect of all of this hysteria as well.

How many Franken AR's do you think are going to be out there that were haphazardly put together that won't run?

This is a very interesting question. I'm no armorer but I haven't had any problems with the AR's I have put together or helped others piece together. I've found with mine that if you assemble them with quality parts and the correct tools they run very well. ... but I also just plink at the farm shooting paper and tin cans and certainly have never run a carbine course with one. However, I can't speak for the mechanical abilities or choice of parts of anyone else ... kinda the same reason why I wont uses reloads from anyone. A lot of people should probably stick with buying complete guns, but for others, it isn't that difficult to assemble a reliable gun from parts. YMMV

ssdoug

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    auburn
    Just find someone thatkeeps telling you the prices will go down in a few months and have them sell you what you need now

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I'm pretty pessimistic that prices will come down much. Remember a few years ago when primers were low. They came down but not to the same level. I would expect the price increase to settle down to about 25% or so above what is was 6-8 weeks ago.

Top Bottom