• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I got lucky.. My Christmas bonus came just short of the panic. I bought a Delaware machine stripped lower, and my obsession went from there!! Put it in the safe and own an ar!! I WANTED TO FINISH IT!!! I searched night and day not giving up, my local gun shops pulled together for me and I was able to build a nice ar!!! Delaware machine Muncie lower, dpms lower kit, hogue sniper grip, ati stock with cheekrest( nice priced kit) it America with buttpad!! And my baby ...... Rock river arms 20" 1/9 wylde upper!!
    I should have bought ammo!!!! I haven't shot it yet but I will!!

I hope things calm down and everyone chills out ammo is crazy and god forbid I want a custom upper!!

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I want one but can't afford the current price tag (nor would I pay that much).. I'm seriously hoping the prices come down after the bubble bursts. I've been wanting one for a while now and I'm in a position to get one for pre-madness pricing.

Only time will tell

Like all bubbles, they will eventually burst.... The question will be how legal they are going to be when the bubble burst?

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I think it will burst, but like all the bubbles we've seen over the past few years in firearms, ammo, accessories, etc, the price comes down but is still significantly higher than it was previously.

Will you see people trying to sell the $600 AR they bought for $1000 (or more likely $12-1400!!! or MORE!), yes, but they won't sell if for $600 and the MFG won't be selling them for $600 anymore either!

The 25% previously mentioned seems about right, and it will take quite a few months for the prices to even come down to that, there is enough back-ordered demand to keep all the MFGs busy for many many months.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I am hoping we have bargain AR prices in a few months when all the increased production hits the shelfs.

I wouldn't count on prices coming down to the low prices we had a couple months ago. Stores may get more inventory, and the ban may not happen, but people are worried and they will make sure they get what they want while they can. This demand will be enough that everyone up the pipeline will be making better margin on parts, and complete guns.

If nothing happens, it will be a long time before prices are low again.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I certainly hope the bubble breaks and for the correct reason: the failure of DiFi's gun grab. There is some hope at least:

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) pledged Sunday to oppose legislation to reinstate the federal assault weapons ban.

"I think the assault weapons ban didn't work then. It's not going to work now, and I will oppose it," Graham said on "Fox News Sunday."...

Sen. Graham vows to oppose new federal assault weapons ban - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

I must admit I did my part to inflate the bubble. I scored a Del Ton Sport at the Right to Bear Arms in Haubstadt at pre-panic price of $722 and out the door last Friday. I was going to buy this rifle on Christmas 2013 but decided to move it up a year based on events this month.

digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    There will be no ban. Everyone needs to educate themselves regarding the way Congress works and how it relates to the '94 ban. Back then, the libs gained control of BOTH chambers of Congress. With Slick in the WH, they had a path to introduce such a ban.

That path does not exist in 2013. We control the House. As long as that is true, there is NO POSSIBILITY of a ban passing Congress. Barack Hussein does not have the authority to introduce a ban by executive order. Any such order could and would be ignored.

To ANYONE contemplating the purchase of an assault rifle.....WAIT! By April, prices will be back to about where they were before December 14th. Again, with 100% certainty....there will be no ban!

You bring light at the end of this dark tunnel we travel through.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    If the prices ever do come down(and I am betting they won't drop much), I hope everyone that wants an AR gets off the fence and buys one because we will always be 1 crackpot away from another run on the gunstores.

As for me, I have all the EBR's and AK's I need, and I have even sold off a couple ( AR10/ AK 74) to simplify my ammo situation.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    we'll see a normal supply again yes, i'm projecting approx mid-summer on that. will we ever see the price drop? thats arguable. no one can argue that stuff is selling at its doubled price. distributors (the middlemen, between say DPMS and your LGS) will catch on and pocket the cash.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The prices will drop...IF PEOPLE STOP BUYING. Prices reflect the what people are willing to pay. If people still buy the same quantity with the higher price, why WOULD a business lower the price?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I hope the panic buying continues for awhile. It sucks for us who had plans before this fiasco....

but, money talks and people vote with their pocketbooks. It shows that the general public CARES about gun control and hopefully that will inspire politicians to consider whether or not its good for their careers to push this agenda through.

If no one was "panic buying" politicians wouldn't think twice.

I think its a good thing... best case scenario is that High Cap mags get banned and we can move on. No one wants to see ARs (or the like) banned... and just think if they don't get banned!!! Think of all those people who did panic buy... they will be forced to consider dumping their stuff for a fraction of what they paid for it and that benefits us lifers!

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I hope the panic buying continues for awhile. It sucks for us who had plans before this fiasco....

but, money talks and people vote with their pocketbooks. It shows that the general public CARES about gun control and hopefully that will inspire politicians to consider whether or not its good for their careers to push this agenda through.

If no one was "panic buying" politicians wouldn't think twice.

I think its a good thing... best case scenario is that High Cap mags get banned and we can move on. No one wants to see ARs (or the like) banned... and just think if they don't get banned!!! Think of all those people who did panic buy... they will be forced to consider dumping their stuff for a fraction of what they paid for it and that benefits us lifers!
    Explain to me how banning standard capacity mags is the best case scenario?

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    There will be no ban. Everyone needs to educate themselves regarding the way Congress works and how it relates to the '94 ban. Back then, the libs gained control of BOTH chambers of Congress. With Slick in the WH, they had a path to introduce such a ban.

That path does not exist in 2013. We control the House. As long as that is true, there is NO POSSIBILITY of a ban passing Congress. Barack Hussein does not have the authority to introduce a ban by executive order. Any such order could and would be ignored.

To ANYONE contemplating the purchase of an assault rifle.....WAIT! By April, prices will be back to about where they were before December 14th. Again, with 100% certainty....there will be no ban!

I hope you're right but the current media seems to be swaying public opinion on this matter. Throw in the senseless killings by lunatics and a population shift to urban areas and this sort of becomes a perfect storm.

I for one don't know where the executive orders come into play, but before the current office holder took power nobody had ever heard of czars before. I truly believe Barry has something up his sleeve to get what he wants on this matter and he won't waste a good disaster to puff himself up. With him every thing is a confrontation and like any spoiled brat he will kick and fight to the end.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Executive aren't SUPPOSED to work that way, but look at all the things he's done that are outside the law (reporting multiple long-gun sales in TX AZ NM CA; "dream act"), or just flaming criminal like "fast and assinine"and the media and the uninformed public won't call him on it.
    Executive Orders don't work that way and no he can't.

If you want an AR right now and are willing to assemble it yourself the only pieces that are truly hard to find are bolt carrier groups and lower parts kits ... and you can still get those if you are willing to piece them together from multiple sources or pay the ridiculous prices on gun broker.

I would suggest signing up for email notification on parts you are looking for ... or look at companies like windham weaponry that have barrels and complete uppers in stock at pre-panic prices.

*I forgot that lowers may potentially be hard to come by as well but I would suggest talking with some of the site partners to see if they have any or what their eta on restocking is.

ironstarr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    mishawaka
    IM just glad i got mine when i did.. bought a decent bushmaser for 800. also went and made sure i stocked up on ammo before all the freaks cleared the shelves!

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Local Dunhams says they have no idea when they will get more. People have bought up the lowers with the intent on building and selling them. I wonder how many of the lowers were bought/not sold by the LGS to put together themselves to sell as completed rifles. I'm not asking for much. Just one of everything. I'm not greedy.

Top Bottom