• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    If I could only have one longarm I would keep my right arm. If I could only have one long gun I would have my AK47. Why?...Reliable, durable, good size round going down range, good ammo availability, you can pour dirt down barrel and it will still shoot.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    With no more parameters given I would pick a 12 guage shotgun...you can hunt all game in north America (rabbits to bear) with either shot or slugs and is the best self defense long gun for all uses....and ammo is abundant and affordable

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Having cut my military teeth on the M14, I've always had a hankering for an M1A. After tearing my right rotator cuff three times, though, I think my rifle and shotgun days are over.

mizzi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Broad Ripple
    I concur on the 7.62x39 round and the AK. Versatile and reliable and available. Although I lost all my guns in Lake Michigan last week on a fishing trip.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Gonna have to go with some sort of shotgun.

Like stated above, you can hunt basically anything, they're great for self defense, and you can pick up ammo for them damn near anywhere.

Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Hmmm... tough one. It would be a toss up between my AR15, Mossy 500A, and my Rem 721. I really like the idea of the 721 being able to reach out and touch someone in a SHTF situation, and removing threats before becoming a close quarter brawl. I'm kind of a big guy, I would make an easy target up close...

target.jpg

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Ditto on a 12 gauge shotgun. Hunt small game and birds with shot, larger game with slug and defense with slugs or buckshot.

Top Bottom