One LARGE order of S-HOLE coming right up!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Completely.
    Still trying to find time on my calendar to squeeze South African Farmers in, with every other group of needy foreign people.

Plenty of capacity to think out a position about Farmers in SA. Probably need to take care of our own before we take on all the world's oppressed. Same with Haitians, Syrians, and the other-ians.

If it comes to genocide, maybe that's something we should become involved against if it comes to that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Plenty of capacity to think out a position about Farmers in SA. Probably need to take care of our own before we take on all the world's oppressed. Same with Haitians, Syrians, and the other-ians.

If it comes to genocide, maybe that's something we should become involved against if it comes to that.

Sure, we can "maybe" it the same way we do other genocides.

BluedSteel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2018
    Huntingburg
    Oh, well, that actually is true. Noteworthy difference is that sometimes the idea is factual, like in blacks being victims of oppression South Africa, and sometimes it's bogus, like Jews being oppressed in Nazi Germany.

Oh. Dear. Lord. Did you actually put that in writing on a public forum? Or did they do something really funky with my last Rx? Ain't gonna touch it, ain't gonna poke it with a stick. But I am gonna go back downstairs for a bigger knife and more spare clips. And maybe a vest; don't wanna get fringed by any shrapnel. I see me a fight breakin' out here.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Oh. Dear. Lord. Did you actually put that in writing on a public forum? Or did they do something really funky with my last Rx? Ain't gonna touch it, ain't gonna poke it with a stick. But I am gonna go back downstairs for a bigger knife and more spare clips. And maybe a vest; don't wanna get fringed by any shrapnel. I see me a fight breakin' out here.

You are a very smart man. :yesway: Just walk away. :wrongdoor:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

No, you're just missing the context. Obviously, Jews were oppressed by Germans. The conversation where you cherry picked that comment was in reference to oppressive regimes, targeting people who they think have oppressed them at some point in the past. With black South Africans, they were oppressed by white South Africans, so much of their treatment of white SA's today is based on that history. The Nazis also used a similar excuse to oppress the Jews, one that suggested the Jews were oppressing the normal German, and controlling much of Germany. The point I made, was that the use of that excuse to target Jews, was bogus.

Just out of curiosity, what made you decide to pick that post out, from this particular member, not backtrack to see what was actually meant, and purposefully or not, misrepresent what was actually being said?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, you're just missing the context. Obviously, Jews were oppressed by Germans. The conversation where you cherry picked that comment was in reference to oppressive regimes, targeting people who they think have oppressed them at some point in the past. With black South Africans, they were oppressed by white South Africans, so much of their treatment of white SA's today is based on that history. The Nazis also used a similar excuse to oppress the Jews, one that suggested the Jews were oppressing the normal German, and controlling much of Germany. The point I made, was that the use of that excuse to target Jews, was bogus.

Just out of curiosity, what made you decide to pick that post out, from this particular member, not backtrack to see what was actually meant, and purposefully or not, misrepresent what was actually being said?

That's a good point. You get to know someone by the kinds of things they post. I know you're not an anti-Semite. So the most literal meaning can't be the meaning you intended. So you have to reconcile the seemingly contradictory statements with the body of content you've produced. It's easy to conclude that you don't think Jewish oppression by the Germans was bogus. The more obvious interpretation is that you're drawing a contrast between two different justifications.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    A lot of countries had great economies until they got their independence.

I remember all of those american warlords killing off each other.

Top Bottom