• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7.62-5.56Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Portland, IN
    Im sittin here watching One Man Army. The host of the show keep referring to the magazine as a "clip" isnt that the first thing they beat out of you in boot camp? i wouldnt think an "army ranger" would know better than that. i know its just a tv show, but they should know better.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Almost everyone I know that is not an avid shooter, as well as some that are, refer to mags as clips. I'm not sure the general public realizes that there is a difference. Coke? Pepsi? A cola is a cola right :)

Is the host a Ranger? I thought he was just some guy they found. Of course I am not what you would call a regular watcher of the show.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've watched a couple of these shows, pretty entertaining! I don't really care if people call them mags or clips, I know what they are but it doesn't make the show less entertaining to me.

mcshaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    I love the first episode where the civilian doesn't just win but beats the crap out of the military types.

Then the guy says by the way I wanted to join the Army but they wouldn't take me cause I'm gay.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i find myself also nit picking at different shows and have to stop and realize that its entertainment. it doesnt have to be 100% accurate. sure they call magazines clips and i wouldnt do half of what they did in the 'walking dead" show, but these shows arent educational they are entertainment. who cares what they call it, we all know a magazine is a clip and a clip is a magazine its no big deal is it?

jake

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    If he's an ARMY RANGER, do you really want to **** him off
    So true.:patriot:

I make the mistake of calling them "clips", so I am not the one to say much. I grew up with people calling them clips and it has stuck for the most part. I've got a young guy that I shoot with occasionally that calls them clips. I assume because that his dad called them as well. I just let it roll unless I'm in the mood to be a smart***. Meh, doesn't bother me.

I'm sure one of these days someone will call me out on it and give me a 15 minute reason on the differences. And then I will probably still use both terms, anyways. Just out of spite.

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    The host is the same guy who also stars on the survival series 'Man, woman, wild'. I'm a huge fan of that show, and so I've read his books and a lot of articles and other stuff by him. I've heard him refer to magazines only as magazines in the few times the 'topic' has come up in his writing, interviews, etc. So I imagine that it's scripted by producers and writers who are dumbing it down for the general audience.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

What mistake?

Who says the official term is a magazine? I thought a magazine was something you read while on the toilette???

Besides, many of my rifles take clips - STRIPPER CLIPS. So the logical evolution of the term for a multi round container could be a clip, right?

This is like trying to define the exact difference between a "rifle" and a "carbine" when there is no 100% way to do so.

Do you have a "sack" of groceries or a "bag" of groceries?

Do you sit down for a family "dinner" or "supper?"

Sometimes the terminology is dependent upon where you were raised and nothing more.

Regards,

Doug

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    $6 beer doesn't distract Rangers it buys them. Saves us the effort of chuckin laptops at each other or however the hell spelling bees work where your from. Oh and Libertarion01 dont interrupt fine trash talking with your excellent deductive reasoning. It makes it difficult for the knuckle draggers(like yours truly) to concentrate.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    $6 beer doesn't distract Rangers it buys them. Saves us the effort of chuckin laptops at each other or however the hell spelling bees work where your from. Oh and Libertarion01 dont interrupt fine trash talking with your excellent deductive reasoning. It makes it difficult for the knuckle draggers(like yours truly) to concentrate.

Hell I am just a couple of steps down or up from you in evolution.
    I am a ****ing Grease Monkey... :dunno:

Top Bottom