• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've given up anything caffeinated and mostly drink water. I do have the occasional Sprite or something like it, but definitely have limited my intake.

In previous years I had switched from regular soft drinks, to diet, to no caffeine and now mostly water. The no caffeine thing & mostly water has been the last few years due to kidney stone episode a couple of years back. Also do the occasional lemonade as my Dr had said that helps on the kidney stone front. Haven't drank anything from an alcohol standpoint in about 27 years or so. Just didn't do anything for me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've given up anything caffeinated and mostly drink water. I do have the occasional Sprite or something like it, but definitely have limited my intake.

B7LEJU_CQAEaWXk.png

;)

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Several years ago I had some viral crap that made pop taste like **it.
    I think I dropped like 15 lbs in 2 months.

Unfortunately my taste buds recovered. Pepsi is my one true weakness. :(

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I found out I had type II diabetes and that ended my sodas and sweet tea addiction real fast. Now it's unsweet tea and Lipton diet wild berry green tea. Between the lack of sugar and the medication, I've dropped 30+ pounds in a few months. I'm supposed to feel better, but I'm still trying to figure out what "normal" is.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Drink soda rarely, like Expat, I won't give up coffee.

Now you'll have to find another source of 2 liters to use as targets.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Quit soft drinks (few exceptions) couple of years ago and don't miss it. Wife drinks Gold Peak Diet, it's got the best taste of any diet tea we've tried, limit myself to one with supper otherwise water all day. My one exception is Culver's Root beer, love that stuff.
    This summer we were at a get together and all that was available was Coke, use to love that stuff, couldn't hardly get it down.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I gave up soda along with all fast food more than 2 decades ago. I think I've had one rum and coke in the past two years. Also, no artificial sweeteners...that stuff will kill you. Unfortunately for me, no weight loss...I don't think there's anything that would do that for me. Fat loss? Sure. Weight loss is just not in the cards and never has been.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I still drink soda (Coke), but last year I cut back drastically and in two months, lost 20 pounds and the "beer gut". You and I are about the same size, I'd guess you could expect close to the same, although I don't think you have the beer gut!?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Congrats! I drifted out of drinking soda a while ago (not a conscious decision, I just preferred other things) and with a change in diet I am now a much healthier weight.

Currently my beverages of choice are;
    - black coffee
    - water
    - whiskey

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Good work to those who have or are kicking the habit.

I've not had a soda/pop/carbonated beverage in a decade... drinking a the same amount of sugar as is in a candy bar wasn't my thing, nevermind the dyes.

Water and black coffee is all I have now, and have had for a decade +.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I limit my soda/pop. A bottle every couple days or so. So it's not "eliminated", just cut back.

But.... I drink a buttload of water. Working in a steel mill does that. That and kidney stones.
    I've peaked at 16 bottles in an 8 hour shift.

If you max out like that though, you have to remember a "sport's drink" every once in a while. Or else you throw off your chemistry.
    I think we're supposed to do something like a sport's drink every 3 or 4 water bottles.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    About the only time I drink anything besides iced tea with a little lemon juice is when I'm in the office (and I'm only in the office 3 days a week, working from home the other two) or if I happen to go to a fast food place and don't have anything else with me to drink. I'll bring a can of pop to work to have with lunch mainly for the convenience factor. A case of pop will last me a couple of months. On really hot days when I'm working in the yard or something, it's not unusual for me to go through a gallon of tea.

I only recently heard about the benefits of lemon juice for kidney stones. Might explain why I've never had any problems with them (knock wood).

Congrats on stopping Rick. I know how you love your Dr. Pepper! :yesway:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    About the only time I drink anything besides iced tea with a little lemon juice is when I'm in the office (and I'm only in the office 3 days a week, working from home the other two) or if I happen to go to a fast food place and don't have anything else with me to drink. I'll bring a can of pop to work to have with lunch mainly for the convenience factor. A case of pop will last me a couple of months. On really hot days when I'm working in the yard or something, it's not unusual for me to go through a gallon of tea.

I only recently heard about the benefits of lemon juice for kidney stones. Might explain why I've never had any problems with them (knock wood).

Congrats on stopping Rick. I know how you love your Dr. Pepper! :yesway:

Diet Dr. Pepper is the only Coke that tastes reasonably close to its regular Coke version.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Been just over 3 years for me. Lost no weight until i started working in hvac instead of driving a bus. Lost about 20 pounds but i tend to eat a little more.

Top Bottom