• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i loaned a friend my nightforce off my 260 for a class a few weeks ago. i got it back and put a popcan in the field at roughly 200yds just to get a good enough hunting zero. got back to the house ranged the can at 210 wich is close enough for hunting. sighted in the 260 without a hitch.

then i decided to grab my cz452 22lr and shoot a few rounds at the can since it was there. i got behind the rifle and there was a sparrow about 10 yds behind the can. i decided to shoot at it instid of the can.

long story short cold bore, 220 yds, 1 shot kill with a 22lr in average winds. i was pretty pleased

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    nice work. gotta love it when a crow lands right next to your target and takes its place

i was getting my 500 or 550 dope for a hunt last year and a coyote poped out @ 300ish. i was shocked i had shot from that location for a couple hours before it showed up. needless to say there was one less yote on the farm after than

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    thats v ery good.......a sparrow at 210 yds. was that the one you bought at the shoot you had?

missy has shot fly's off of target at 25 yds if they are unlucky to land there. but the fly is about ten times bigger than the dot .

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    thats v ery good.......a sparrow at 210 yds. was that the one you bought at the shoot you had?

missy has shot fly's off of target at 25 yds if they are unlucky to land there. but the fly is about ten times bigger than the dot .

220yds and no it was the one i shot. the one i bought is stying with irons.

considering the targets you shoot @ 25yds id say a fly is kind of like cheating

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    she actually missed.....was aiming for the wing. are you about ready to try shooting here for some 5 to 10 shot groups? you can use a bench or lay on the ground, whatever you want.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I hit a yellowjacket that landed on my target with a .308 once, it was pretty awesome.

Believe it or not, I almost got a bumblebee today with my Mosin. I was shooting at 100 yards and it was flying at about 50....I pulled the trigger and hot the downrange target, but missed the bee. I bet he a scare, something moving that fast less than a inch away! :)

Missyb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    she actually missed.....was aiming for the wing. are you about ready to try shooting here for some 5 to 10 shot groups? you can use a bench or lay on the ground, whatever you want.

I did not miss :-) I hit the wing, just didn't adjust enough for bullet width n ended up with a splatter pattern:D

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I did not miss :-) I hit the wing, just didn't adjust enough for bullet width n ended up with a splatter pattern:D

thats what it took to get you on ingo, welcome aboard. as far as the shooting groups i promise ill get my ___ whipped but ill give it a shot.

(edit: you joined may of 08 its about time for a first post)

i did end up picking up a mk3 but im still undecided on the red dot

Missyb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    thats what it took to get you on ingo, welcome aboard. as far as the shooting groups i promise ill get my ___ whipped but ill give it a shot.

(edit: you joined may of 08 its about time for a first post)

i did end up picking up a mk3 but im still undecided on the red dot

Red dot AWESOME btw! But yeah, smack talk bout a miss when it WAS a hit'll get a reaction:draw:

Eric86

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Princeton, Indiana
    I shot a butterfly at 100 yards once. Luckily the .308 is a capable rifle to take down those menacing creatures. One guy walked down range and never came back.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I hit a fly once with my BB gun when I was 11. Hit him dead center and all that was left was a leg. I think the rest went into the target box.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    One of my best shots:
    I shot a raccoon in the eye with a Daisy Powerline 880 BB gun, and killed it.
    I had just sighted in my scope at 20 yards. Coon came in the yard. I hissed and hollered at it, it went up a tree.
    It's body was on the back side of the tree, head laying in the crook of a branch (where it met the trunk) about 8-10 feet up. Just sitting there looking at me. It was about 7pm, so the light was dimming. I pumped that thing up at least 20 times, took aim right on the eye, and fired.
    The coon made sort of a "phhweeeaaaaahhhh" sound and dropped, landing back first, feet kicking in the air. It was dead before it hit the ground.

I was around 12 years old.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Myself and my ex brother in law were walking a hay field in Missouri a few years back, and a crow was perched on the very top branch of a tree about 300 yards out from where we stood. He took three or four shots at it with his .22 rifle, without success. I told him to get out of the way, and pulled up with my SKS and quickly fired, exploding the bird. I was amazed I hit it, and he was even more impressed. I played it off like I could do that all the time. He still talks about that shot.

Top Bottom