• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Believe it or not, I almost got a bumblebee today with my Mosin. I was shooting at 100 yards and it was flying at about 50....I pulled the trigger and hot the downrange target, but missed the bee. I bet he a scare, something moving that fast less than a inch away! :)
    lol, mine was only at like 50 yards cause I was sighting it in. Didn't think I was even gonna hit it.

I've never done it, but twice I've seen other people hit a bird that was unlucky to pull some secret service s--t and fly right into the path of the bullet.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Long distance

Thats the way to reach out and touch 'em, vette!

I tried hunting squirrels with rocks, left handed and all, and just gave it up one day. I was out in the state forest coming back to the truck with my limit and met an old feller carrying a mess and as we walked back we got to talkin'. He asked me since I had no weapon how it was that I'd got a mess of squirrels. I explained the left handed rock deal and he was suitably impressed and told me so. I didn't want to make any assumptions about his harvest so I asked him the same question and he told me he'd just ugly-d 'em to death. I'd seen him so I wasn't gonna contradict the feller. We walked another few steps and he added kinda matter of factly that he used to hunt with his wife. So I asked him if she'd passed away. He said, "Naw, she's still livin'. She just tore 'em up so bad when she tried it I had to leave her at home." I ain't throwed a rock at a squirrel since.:D:laugh:

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Good shooting Vette!

I was out shooting the AK varient :smileak: on a nice afternoon last summer, when a butterfly landed on the 25 yard target. I commenced to laying down a suppressing fire :ar15: toward the butterfly, and when the dust settled, it was NO WHERE to be found. Oh yeah, that is one dead butterfly:cool:

Probably about 10 seconds later, yeah, the butterfly :p flew out from behind the target... :(

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I scored a 204 on my first ever AQT and then a 229 on my 2nd Appleseed AQT, that's the best I've done to date. :-)

Thanks YellowhouseJake and Mudcat...

Drew

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Love to shoot flies. I was with some friends last fall and we were shooting pistols at varying distances. I was working with my wife and doing some simple drills. Drawing from the holster, simple movement, controlled doubles, that sort of thing. My dad, my sister and godfather were teasing me about all the ammo we was burning up. After all a true marksman only needs one shot. So my godfather hands me wife's XD in .45 to try. About that time a fly starts walking/flying around the target while I am shooting. We were laughing about the fly and the comment was made that maybe I should stop that threat. So I popped the gun up and splattered that sucker with one round while it was moving. Everyone agreed that I could still shoot even with all the ammo I was otherwise using.

Unrelated story and different trip. My sisters boyfriend (who is just beginning show an interest in guns) loves Top Shot on the history channel. He wanted to see somebody actually cut a playing card in half. Long story short is that we demonstrated to him that it could not only be done, but can be done in a fairly repeatable fashion.

Top Bottom