• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spark

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Once I decided to get married. Pretty big... Now I'm deciding what to use to protect my family. Some might argue even bigger than deciding to actually build a family.

I've researched and considered a few pistols that I can both carry and use for home protection. I'm a split hair away from purchasing a Sig SP2022 9mm.

I am ready to dedicate a few hours to putting rounds through it to prepare it and myself for a potential life together.

I want an IWB holster that I can potentially tuck a shirt in with.

What accessories are must haves for me? Please recommend a great IWB holster (preferably that I could tuck a shirt in with). Pics are always well received. Any other advice is also welcome.

Thanks guys

Paul

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I noticed that they don't have the SP2022 option on their page. Have you seen a SP2022 holster from them?

GALCO HOLSTERS

After searching around, it seems that it is rather hard to find a holster specifically for the Sig SP2022. I would suggest you go to a local gun shop that has a good selection of holsters and try some out. Sig's mostly follow a similar design no matter what the model is. You may find a holster for a 220, 226, or 229 that fits your 2022 fairly well. It may just take some trial and error.

And let me interject a little advice. You are going to spend anywhere from $50-100 for a good quality holster. I know this sounds like a lot of money, but it is well worth it. Don't even bother with the cheap holsters. They are junk, sloppy, and uncomfortable. Invest in a good quality holster right off the bat, and you will already be a step ahead.

spark

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Great info. Thanks guys. Other things that I'm heavily considering are biometric safe for the bed side. Thoughts or recommendations on any?

I am looking at this as a package solution. Holsters, safes, spare mags, cleaning tools. I'm prepared to get what I need to make this personal protection solution work the best that it possibly can for me. This also includes practice, and learning from experienced people.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    A good rechargable flashlight.

A dog that barks whenever someone is near the house.

A charged cell phone nearby.

A gun, any gun, if these layers of defense are penetrated.

The training and mindset to use all the tools available to you to protect your family and to prevail against any adversary.

A gun is not the sole answer. Training with a gun with pros will lead you to the answers.

RedCell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN
    A gun is not the sole answer. Training with a gun with pros will lead you to the answers.

+1

As much training as you can. It could be an instructor, your dad, your grandpa, a vet, a LEO, or your neighbor who knows "what works for me"... If you think they know something you don't, try it out. If it doesn't work for you, don't do it. Chances are, if your buddy knows it, a BG knows it too.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Once I decided to get married. Pretty big... Now I'm deciding what to use to protect my family. Some might argue even bigger than deciding to actually build a family.

I've researched and considered a few pistols that I can both carry and use for home protection. I'm a split hair away from purchasing a Sig SP2022 9mm.

I am ready to dedicate a few hours to putting rounds through it to prepare it and myself for a potential life together.

What accessories are must haves for me? Please recommend a great IWB holster (preferably that I could tuck a shirt in with). Pics are always well received. Any other advice is also welcome.

Thanks guys

Paul

The most important accessory is Training and the proper Mindset to go along with it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

Amen.

Props to the OP for taking seriously the responsibility of protecting his family.

My advice would be to peruse the Tactics and Training - INGunOwners forum and get in as much practical fighting handgun training as possible. Most training outfits will allow you to borrow a loaner gun for the class and you provide the ammo and tuition. This is a great way to see what works and what doesn't-- for both guns, gear, and tactics.

Then you'll have a better perspective as to what you'll want to purchase to protect your family. :yesway:

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I was shot several years ago and got my LTCH shorlty thereafter. People here have used the word 'mindset' which means can and will you pull the trigger when your life or that of your family is at risk. That I believe is the top question and having answered that the rest will fall in place. Practice, study, and learn what works for you.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    As others have said, training and practice! I don't know where you are located but there's a company that offers really good training courses in Southern Indiana. It's called Deep Water Defense. I've been through the course as-well-as my dad and brother-in-law, and I highly recommend them!

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville

Thanks guys

Paul

Also, there's nothing like a shotgun, 870, 12 GA loaded with Winchester PDX1 Defense rounds and a light mounted on the barrel to go along with your pistol. I have this setup on my Benelli.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Thanks guys

Paul

This company does...and if I were in the market for an IWB holster...this would be the one I would get (or one of the upgraded models). Hands down.

They have some BEAUTIFUL holsters.....

IMG_8171-reg.jpg

Top Bottom