• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Fair warning to those who have not read: you will need a box of tissues to get through the whole story. Never had a book hit me as hard as One Second After did.

really? I must be an insensitive @&&. I have kids both younger than "Jennifer" it does suck to think about this happening and the results of it but i'll shed tears then not over reading a book.

Last edited:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    You are correct. Expecially tough if you have young daughters.

Or older military family...

SWMBO wanted to know what I was reading when it first came out. I told her and she wanted to read it when I finished. I came home one day and found her in tears with the book closed beside her. She was really excited to read it. Never made it past the Ensure section.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've read both and both are great reads. I like Lights Out more than One Second After though, but think One Second After probably is the more realistic of the two in some instances. OSA is a bit darker and LO tends to spend way too much time in side stories, but both are worth the time to read them. Rawles' 'Founders' is also a good read, but he really wanders off on side trips that have zero impact on the story. His books are more of a How-To for survival with a bit of a story wrapped around them.

Top Bottom