• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkc054054

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Greenfield, IN
    I cannot find locally (Indianapolis) to purchase Hornady One Shot Spray Case Lube. Does anyone know if I can find it locally and where that might be? I have called several big box stores like Gander Mountain and a few gun shops and nobody seems to sell any reloading supplies like this. Thanks.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Look at my user name and heed this advice. The best place for hornady one shot spray lube is in the trash can unless they've done something drastically different with it in the last few years. Find some Dillon spray lube instead. I don't know how many stuck cases I've drilled out of my dies using one shot.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    ^LOL

Lee Case Lube and Imperial Sizing Wax. Almost 20 years and zero stuck cases. Knock on wood... I must not be loading enough .223/5.56.

firewalker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2012
    Wawaka
    I got rid of all my hornady one s*** Lube. mix 2 ounces of lanolin oil to 10 ounces of 99 percent isopropyl alcohol. this will be the best case we have you ever use(it's the same as Dillon case line, only half the price!)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I got rid of all my hornady one s*** Lube. mix 2 ounces of lanolin oil to 10 ounces of 99 percent isopropyl alcohol. this will be the best case we have you ever use(it's the same as Dillon case line, only half the price!)

Some people like the One Shot but it's caused me nothing but headaches. Spray lube is the only Dillon thing I've ever owned and it's probably the only spray lube I'll ever use.

Serious question though. Does anyone know if Hornady has changed their One Shot formula in the last few years to make it better?

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Bradis had some last time I was there. Unlike others here, I like the Hornady One-Shot lube. Never had a stuck case and I get pretty good neck life on bottleneck cases. Have no idea about Hornady's past problems, I used to use wet lube that had to be removed with alcohol. I do admit it's a bit pricey.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Now that you ask....

Serious question though. Does anyone know if Hornady has changed their One Shot formula in the last few years to make it better
    ^^^I have the same luck as you with One Shot, on most any rifle case=Stuck Case.

Strange thing about it is that it works well FOR ME with 5.56/.223 cases.
    Knock on Wood--NO stuck cases with One Shot with Redding+RCBS dies in .223. I have stuck several in .22-250 and .308 with One Shot. I use Imperial Size Wax for all rifle other than .223/5.56...Bill.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It comes in a plastic tub but I like it over any other lube I've tried. Granted I've not tried the Dillion spray yet

The Dillon spray is not as good as the old Unique in a tub. Every once in a while you may get one that sizes pretty stiff but I've not stuck a case with it yet. You have to make sure you shake it up really well to cut the lanolin in it. But if I'm sizing 1000+ cases, I'd pay $20+ for a bottle of Dillon spray lube. I tried cutting in some unique in the One Shot to get it some more lube and it still didn't work.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Does anyone know if Hornady has changed their One Shot formula in the last few years to make it better?

I've used One Shot exclusively for a half dozens years and lubed more rifle brass in more chamberings put through more dies than anyone I've ever met. I doubt I could fit all the spent cases inside my barn.

There isn't any difference I can detect from the first can to the one I just used.

jkc054054

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Greenfield, IN
    Thanks for the advice. I went to Profire and got the One Shot for my 223 brass. I will keep my fingers crossed. I was using the Lee white paste lubricant for my first 50 cases, hopefully the One Shot will not cause me problems.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've used One Shot exclusively for a half dozens years and lubed more rifle brass in more chamberings put through more dies than anyone I've ever met. I doubt I could fit all the spent cases inside my barn.

There isn't any difference I can detect from the first can to the one I just used.

I tried it wet, dry, a little, a lot. Shook it up til I was blue in the face. Maybe I just got a bad bottle.

Top Bottom