• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Wondering where one’s rights end? And how they can be absent the corresponding responsibilities ?

Personal space for instance for me There is a six foot rule for me if you get any closer and I am escalating to orange.
    My next question is with regards to smoking understanding it is one’s persons right to smoke given the absence of being in a restricted area.

My favorite it’s my right to smoke and you can’t stop me. Well it would seem that I too have rights and. That includes my right to not have the stench, and smoke residue on my person From your ******* cigarette .

Am I wrong?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wondering where one’s rights end? And how they can be absent the corresponding responsibilities ?

Personal space for instance for me There is a six foot rule for me if you get any closer and I am escalating to orange.
    My next question is with regards to smoking understanding it is one’s persons right to smoke given the absence of being in a restricted area.

My favorite it’s my right to smoke and you can’t stop me. Well it would seem that I too have rights and. That includes my right to not have the stench, and smoke residue on my person From your ******* cigarette .

Am I wrong?
    I'm a smoker. I limit my smoking to places where smoking is allowed. If you wander into the space where my smoking is allowed, it's on you. If I smoke where it's not allowed and that is where you happen to be, it's on me. I avoid the latter.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I'm a smoker. I limit my smoking to places where smoking is allowed. If you wander into the space where my smoking is allowed, it's on you. If I smoke where it's not allowed and that is where you happen to be, it's on me. I avoid the latter.
    I don’t really have an issue with smoking, just those that are inconsiderate and purposefully move closer to you and discharge they exhaust in your face when you back up from them.

Guess I am a bit sensitive on the heels of my fentanyl incident last week.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don’t really have an issue with smoking, just those that are inconsiderate and purposefully move closer to you and discharge they exhaust in your face when you back up from them.

I do try to be a courteous smoker and am conscious of where my smoke is going (unless I'm out in the smoking area at work). Actually, I'm courteous around other smokers too. Nobody wants smoke blown in their face.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    You don't have the right to the absence of inconsiderate people. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. I don't like clueless, oblivious, idiot drivers. They put my life and the lives of my family in danger. But they have a right to be on the road just as much as I do.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    You don't have the right to the absence of inconsiderate people. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. I don't like clueless, oblivious, idiot drivers. They put my life and the lives of my family in danger. But they have a right to be on the road just as much as I do.
    I would counter that with rights come responsibilities ie follow traffic laws, etc

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

This is what happens when everyone yells my rights but neglects my responsibilities. Any time you look around and say "society is going to ****" remember this divorce of rights from responsibilities and there's no more questions needed as to why. Not that this is new, people have been trying to get the benefits of living in a society without the onerous burdens of it since the first tribe exiled someone.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

It’s best to carry an ABC extinguisher and use it liberally with the statement “ I thought you were going to burn up”…

Top Bottom